The Effects Of The 1962 Court Decision
The Unconstitutional Prayer of 1962 covered four areas:
"Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence upon Thee, and we beg Thy blessings upon us, our parents, our teachers, and our Country."
- Before 1962-1963: the courts used Biblical guidelines in all 4 areas.
- 1962: The courts now changed their policy and said Christian principles caused psychological damage.
1. "upon us" (Students)
- The removal of Christian principles from education had an effect that was predicted by George Washington in his farewell address: "Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds....reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle." Washington warned that to lose religious principles would be to lose national morality.
- Birth Rates for Unwed Girls (15-19) increased after 1962. Up 553% for 10-14 age group.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases for high school students increased after 1962. Up 225%
- Pre-marital Sexual Activity for pre-17 increased after 1962. Up 271%
- Teenage (Ages: 10-14) pregnancy has increased 553% since the removal of religion in schools: 1962.
- Pre-Marital Sex increased .... sexually transmitted disease increased .... in direct relationship with 1962.
2. "our parents" (Families)
- Divorce was allowed for very few reasons before 1962, and was declining.
- Before 1962: a court could refer to the Bible to support its decision regarding a divorce.
- Before 1962: a court could refer to God's laws as the final authority in an issue.
- Divorce Rates increased after 1962. Up 117%. America is #1 in world divorce rate.
- Every statistic related to the morality decline of the family skyrocketed since 1962.
- Single-parent families increased after 1962. Up 140%
- Unmarried Couples increased after 1962. Up 536%
- All the above categories had remained stable for years prior to 1962.
- Rate of divorce increased, and now America leads the world in rate of divorce.
- Every family foundation has decreased since 1962. There is a direct correlation.
3. "our teachers" (Schools)
- SAT Tests have been in America since 1926.
- SAT scores had never declined for more than two years straight.
- SAT scores, after 1962, plummeted for 18 straight consecutive years.
- The Department of Education has stated: This is the first time in American history that we are turning out students who graduate with less knowledge than their parents did." 80-point difference.
- Christian Education vs. Public Education:
- 1962: Only 1,000 Christian schools in the U.S.
- 1984: 32,000 Christian schools in the U.S.
- Currently, 8.5 million students (12% of student population) attend private religious schools.
- SAT scores are nearly 80 points higher for private school students than national average. This places them at an equal level to students prior to 1962.
- The National Merit Semi-Finalists (America's Top Scholars)
- 12.4 of the nations students attend private schools: 39.2% of the nations top academic scholars are from private religious schools.
- The average Christian school =$2,200 per student
- The average Public school = $5,400 per student
- Private schools with 2/5 the funds are proportionately turning out 3 times more scholars.
- Using Christian principles makes an 80-point difference on SAT tests.
- 700,000 students, after graduating from high school, couldn't read their own diploma.
4. "our Country" (the Nation)
- Not seeing the Ten Commandments has an effect upon behavior.
- George Washington excerpt from his Farewell Address: "Let it simply be asked, Where is the security for life, for reputation and for property, if the sense of religious obligation desert?"
- Violent crimes have increased dramatically since 1962. Up 794%. Surpassed population growth. America is the world's leader in violent crimes.
- Thomas Jefferson stated that religion was the best friend to government. "The precepts of philosophy laid hold of actions only... (but Jesus) pushed his scrutinies into the heart of man, erected his tribunal in the region of his thoughts, and purified the waters at the fountainhead."
- The Law attempts to control crime.
- Christian beliefs attempt to control the thoughts before the crime happens.
- Where the Law says, "Don't kill," the Bible says, "Don't get angry."
- If you've prevented the anger and hate, you've prevented the murder.
- Where the Laws says, "Don't commit adultery," Jesus says, "Don't lust in your heart."
- The Founders realized that only religion could stop crime before it started. Crime starts within the heart. If you can't control the heart, you can't control crime.
- President John Adams: There is no government in the world able to make an individual do what is right or control those who did not wish to be controlled. "We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion." "Our constitution was made only for a moral and a religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
- The Founders believed that the constitution would only work for people who had internal restraints, and internal control.
- Our country has moved away from religion, and our constitution is no longer working effectively, as evidenced by statistics on all charts. Each of these areas were stable before 1962.
- The USA leads in: Violent Crimes, Divorce, Teenage Pregnancy (in Western World), Voluntary Abortions, Illegal Drug Use, and Illiteracy (in Western World).
Jeremiah 6:16 - "Ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."
All writings are copyrighted and may not be copied and/or used without the author's permission.