Tip: Press CTRL-F To "Find" author, word or phrase.
A Man Is No Better
- A man is no better than that which he leaves behind.
- Sacha Guitry: When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
- Charles Stanley: A man can preach no better than he prays.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.: The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- It is important to understand that you get what you think about, whether you want it or not.
And chronic thoughts about unwanted things invite, or ask for, matching experiences.
The Law of Attraction makes it so.
Abraham Heschel (1907-1972)
- Self-respect is the fruit of discipline.
Paraphrased: Discipline is the price we must pay for self-respect.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
- America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
- Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
- Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
- Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.
- I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.
- I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.
- I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.
- I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.
- I will prepare and some day my chance will come.
- If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
- I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down.
- It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
- I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody.
- Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- My Best Friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.
- My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
- No man is poor who has a Godly mother.
- People are just as happy as they make their minds up to be.
- There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes.
- Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves.
- Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.
- 'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
- We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.
- We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution.
- Whatever you are, be a good one.
- When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
- Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
- You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
- You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away men’s initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
Abraham H. Maslow
- Every really new idea looks crazy at first.
- A healthy man has a thousand wishes. An unhealthy man has only one. Photo Link
- As I see it, every day you do one of two things: build health or produce disease in yourself.
Dr. Adrian Rogers (1931 - 2005)
- You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half
is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work
because somebody else is going to get what they work for,
that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.
You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Aesop (620-560 B.C.)
- A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
- Sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.
- When spider webs unite, they can tie up a lion.
Agnes de Mille
- No trumpets sound when the important decisions of our life are made. Destiny is made known silently.
Agnes Howell (1921-1989)
- A fool and his money are soon parted.
- A fool will learn by experience and no other teacher.
- Always remember to balance the three people within you:
(1) The Child, never forget how to play,
(2) The Adult, a responsible person who can take care of themselves, and
(3) The Parent, a person who reaches out and helps others before themselves.
- Always remember to be as a child and never forget how to laugh and play.
Learn to be an Adult and work to take care of yourself.
Live with an attitude of a Parent by being sensitive and helpful to others.
- If you put a fool on a horse, he will ride to Hell.
- If you want to learn about someone's character, play a game of cards with them.
- Never give advice to anyone. Wise people don't need it, and fools won't listen to it.
- The greatest distance between two people is a dollar.
- Try to please everyone and nobody gets pleased. Try to please yourself and you stand a much better chance of accomplishing your goal.
Air Force Pilot (Oct 2004)
- The three best things in life for a pilot are: a great landing, a great orgasm, and a great bowel movement. Doing a night landing on a carrier allows you to enjoy all three at once.
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
- If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.
- Imagination is more important than knowledge.
- Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.
- Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them.
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
- The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift.
- The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler.
- Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
- When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
- What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world is immortal.
Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965)
- Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.
- In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
- Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.
- Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you.
- It is possible to store the mind with a million facts and still be entirely uneducated.
Alexander Tytler - Scottish History Professor at the University of Edinburgh (1770)
- A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.
- A professional is a person who can do his best at a time when he doesn't particularly feel like it.
- See blessings brighten as they take their flight.
Dr. Amos Wilson
- We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are.
- It is always the right time for anything positive!
- Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art. Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art.
- Our greatest prejudice is against death. It spans age, gender, and race.
We spend immeasurable amounts of energy fighting an event that will eventually triumph.
Though it is noble not to give in easily, the most alive people I have ever met are those who embrace their death. They love, laugh, and live more fully.
- Dead people receive more flowers than the living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.
- Whoever is happy will make others happy too. He who has courage and faith will never perish in misery.
- There is one purpose to life and one only: to bear witness to and understand as much as possible of the complexity of the world - its beauty, its mysteries, its riddles. The more you understand, the more you look, the greater is your enjoyment of life and your sense of peace. That's all there is to it.
- It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.
- I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment, and life's greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent. As simplistic as this may sound, it is still the common denominator separating those who live their dreams from those who live in regret.
- The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck.
Aristotle (384BC - 322BC)
- All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire.
- Anybody can become angry — that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way — that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.
- Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
- Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.
- Happiness depends upon ourselves.
- Happiness is the good actions that need no further explanations because the reasons are in the attitude.
- If we are the play things of the gods, then let us live our lives as play.
- It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.
- Learning is not child's play; we cannot learn without pain.
- Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.
- The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.
- Those who know, do. Those that understand, teach.
- To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.
- Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.
- Tyranny: In book 5 of "The Politics", Aristotle claims that there exists two different and completely opposed ways of maintaining tyranny: “Either it can be done through a reign of open terror and oppression, or through the cloaking of tyranny as a virtuous form of kingship, understood as one man's rule exercised according to the principles of justice and the common good.”
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- We make war that we may live in peace.
- What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.
- You are what you repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence ought to be a habit, not an act.
- As long as you believe what you’re doing is meaningful, you can cut through fear and exhaustion and take the next step.
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
- Anonymous: Art is the imagination expressed through the senses.
- Carrie Fischer: I do not want life to imitate art. I want life to be an art.
- Constanze: Dancing is like dreaming with your feet.
- Edgar Degas: Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.
- Elbert Hubbard: Art is not a thing; it is a way.
- Eugene Ionesco: A work of art is above all an adventure of the mind.
- George Balanchine: Dance is music made visible.
- George Jellinek: The history of a people is found in its songs.
- Hans Christian Anderson: Where words fail, music speaks.
- Hans Hoffman: A work of art is a world in itself, reflecting senses and emotions of the artist's world.
- Helen Hayes: Only the poet can look beyond the detail and see the whole picture.
- Henri Matisse: Creativity takes courage.
- Henry Haskins: The greatest masterpieces were once only pigments on a palette.
- Pablo Picasso: Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.
- Paul Cezanne: Painting from nature is not copying the object, it is realizing one's sensations.
- Roy Lichtenstein: Art doesn't transform, it just plain forms.
- Scott Freel: Art is not a talent, it is a feeling. Anytime we share our feelings with others, we offer a portrait of the contents of our own heart.
People share their feelings in many different ways. Some may speak, paint, create a sculpture, dance, sing, or physically express themselves in a sport.
These are all valid expressions of individual art.
Anyone who holds onto the belief that all these forms of expression are not "Art", limits the boundaries and potential of Art.
Allowing only a few forms of artistic expression is prideful segregation.
Detachment promotes separation, not understanding and respect.
The purpose of Art is to share our feelings, promote understanding and respect, encourage, uplift, and inspire others.
What medium will you choose to paint and share the tapestry of your life?
- Vincent Van Gogh: Color in a picture is like enthusiasm in life.
- Walt Disney: It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
Arthur Ash - Tennis Champion
- True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve all others at whatever cost.
- The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.
- To preserve one's mind intact through a modern college education is a test of courage and endurance, but the battle is worth it and the stakes are the highest possible to man: the survival of reason. (from The Comprachicos)
- There are three types of people in the world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who don't know and never will know what happened.
- We've distorted things to the point where people believe that anyone who opposes mothers killing their babies is waging a war on women.
How can we be so foolish to believe such a thing?
One must be able to recognize the depravity to which we have sunken as a society when valuing a baby's life is frowned upon.
- Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens.
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
- A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins.
- He that is good at making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
- If you would have a faithful servant, and one that you like, serve yourself.
- Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
- They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Well done is better than well said.
- We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
(At the signing of the Declaration of Independence)
Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)
British philosopher, mathematician, and writer
- A life without adventure is likely to be unsatisfying, but a life in which adventure is allowed to take whatever form it will is sure to be short.
- A sense of duty is useful in work but offensive in personal relations.
- Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.
- Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
- The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get.
- War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
- We are faced with the paradoxical fact that education has become one of the chief obstacles to intelligence and freedom of thought.
- The greatest regret is love unexpressed.
- You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.
B.F. Skinner - Learning Behaviorist
- The more a teacher teaches, the less a student learns.
- Time yourself the next time you read the Bible and pray. Compare it to the amount of time you spend watching television or surfing the Internet. Is God getting His share of your time and attention? Is the world shaping your mind - or is Christ?
- 7 Deadly Sins:
2 Greed, Avarice
3 Lust, Fornication
- 1st Corinthians 15:14 (Resurrection) - And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.
- Acts 4:12 (Salvation Name) - Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”
- Colossians 3:5 (Immoral Idolatry) - Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.
- Ecclesiastes 7:2 (Funeral vs. Pleasure) - It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of everyone; the living should take this to heart.
- Galatians 5:14 - The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
- John 11:25-26 - I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.
- John 15:5 - I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
- John 15:13 (Greatest Love) - Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
- Joshua 7 - Achan’s Sin (Greed)
7 But the Israelites were unfaithful in regard to the devoted things; Achan son of Karmi, the son of Zimri, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took some of them. So the Lord’s anger burned against Israel.
8 Pardon your servant, Lord. What can I say, now that Israel has been routed by its enemies?
9 The Canaanites and the other people of the country will hear about this and they will surround us and wipe out our name from the earth. What then will you do for your own great name?”
10 The Lord said to Joshua, “Stand up! What are you doing down on your face?
11 Israel has sinned; they have violated my covenant, which I commanded them to keep. They have taken some of the devoted things; they have stolen, they have lied, they have put them with their own possessions.
12 That is why the Israelites cannot stand against their enemies; they turn their backs and run because they have been made liable to destruction. I will not be with you anymore unless you destroy whatever among you is devoted to destruction.
13 “Go, consecrate the people. Tell them, ‘Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow; for this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: There are devoted things among you, Israel. You cannot stand against your enemies until you remove them.
14 “‘In the morning, present yourselves tribe by tribe. The tribe the Lord chooses shall come forward clan by clan; the clan the Lord chooses shall come forward family by family; and the family the Lord chooses shall come forward man by man.
15 Whoever is caught with the devoted things shall be destroyed by fire, along with all that belongs to him. He has violated the covenant of the Lord and has done an outrageous thing in Israel!’”
16 Early the next morning Joshua had Israel come forward by tribes, and Judah was chosen. 17 The clans of Judah came forward, and the Zerahites were chosen. He had the clan of the Zerahites come forward by families, and Zimri was chosen. 18 Joshua had his family come forward man by man, and Achan son of Karmi, the son of Zimri, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, was chosen.
17 The clans of Judah came forward, and the Zerahites were chosen. He had the clan of the Zerahites come forward by families, and Zimri was chosen.
18 Joshua had his family come forward man by man, and Achan son of Karmi, the son of Zimri, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, was chosen.
19 Then Joshua said to Achan, “My son, give glory to the Lord, the God of Israel, and honor him. Tell me what you have done; do not hide it from me.”
20 Achan replied, “It is true! I have sinned against the Lord, the God of Israel. This is what I have done:
21 When I saw in the plunder a beautiful robe from Babylonia,[c] two hundred shekels[d] of silver and a bar of gold weighing fifty shekels, I coveted them and took them. They are hidden in the ground inside my tent, with the silver underneath.”
22 So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran to the tent, and there it was, hidden in his tent, with the silver underneath.
23 They took the things from the tent, brought them to Joshua and all the Israelites and spread them out before the Lord.
24 Then Joshua, together with all Israel, took Achan son of Zerah, the silver, the robe, the gold bar, his sons and daughters, his cattle, donkeys and sheep, his tent and all that he had, to the Valley of Achor.
25 Joshua said, “Why have you brought this trouble on us? The Lord will bring trouble on you today.” Then all Israel stoned him, and after they had stoned the rest, they burned them.
26 Over Achan they heaped up a large pile of rocks, which remains to this day. Then the Lord turned from his fierce anger. Therefore that place has been called the Valley of Achor ever since.
- Luke 12:15 (Greed - Possessions) - Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”
- Luke 12:15 (Greed - Possessions) - A man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions alone.”
- Mark 8:35 (Lose Your Life To Gain It) - For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.
- Mark 10:43-45 (Greatest Servant) - 43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- Matthew 6:21 (Treasure = Love Most) - For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- Psalm 73 - A psalm of Asaph. (Greed of the Evil is Slippery Ground)
1 - Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart.
2 - But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold.
3 - For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 - They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong.
5 - They are free from common human burdens; they are not plagued by human ills.
6 - Therefore pride is their necklace; they clothe themselves with violence.
7 - From their callous hearts comes iniquity; their evil imaginations have no limits.
8 - They scoff, and speak with malice; with arrogance they threaten oppression.
9 - Their mouths lay claim to heaven, and their tongues take possession of the earth.
10 - Therefore their people turn to them and drink up waters in abundance.
11 - They say, “How would God know? Does the Most High know anything?”
12 - This is what the wicked are like — always free of care, they go on amassing wealth.
13 - Surely in vain I have kept my heart pure and have washed my hands in innocence.
14 - All day long I have been afflicted, and every morning brings new punishments.
15 - If I had spoken out like that, I would have betrayed your children.
16 - When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply
17 - till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.
18 - Surely you place them on slippery ground; you cast them down to ruin.
19 - How suddenly are they destroyed, completely swept away by terrors!
20 - They are like a dream when one awakes; when you arise, Lord, you will despise them as fantasies.
21 - When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered,
22 - I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you.
23 - Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
24 - You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 - Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 - My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27 - Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
28 - But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.
- Revelation 22:3 - "His servants shall serve Him." (Each one will be given exactly the task that suits his powers, his tastes, and his abilities.)
- Only when America proves that capitalism can cure social ills wihin its own borders should it look to prove so abroad. (Time Magazine - August 25, 2008 - Page 6)
- By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, he's too old to go anywhere.
- God isn't looking for flashy people doing extraordinary things. He reveals Himself to those who are faithful in the ordinary.
(Book: "Hope For Each Day" - Page )
- How we live at home is the acid test for any Christian man or woman. It is far easier to live an excellent life among our friends, when we are putting our best foot forward and are conscious of public opinion, than it is to live for Christ in our home.
(Book: "Hope For Each Day" - Page 47)
- Whatever you love most, be it sports, pleasure, business or God, that is your God! (WebLink) - (Graphic)
- The mind is like a car battery — it recharges by running.
- Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind, and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.
- A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
- Relationships are hard. It's like a full time job, and we should treat it like one.
If your boyfriend or girlfriend wants to leave you, they should give you two weeks' notice.
There should be severance pay, and before they leave you, they should have to find you a temp.
- A quarrel is like buttermilk, the more you stir it, the more sour it grows.
Bono - U2 Band
- Religion is what you are left with after the Holy Spirit has left the building.
Booker T. Washington (1856-1915)
- Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.
Boyd K. Packer
- When people are able but unwilling to take care of themselves, we are responsible to employ the dictum of the Lord that the Idler shall not eat the bread of the Laborer.
- Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.
- Anger is the punishment you give yourself for somebody else's mistakes.
- Do what you love to do and commit yourself to doing it in an excellent fashion.
- If you don’t set goals for yourself, you are doomed to work to achieve the goals of someone else.
- I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.
- Set peace of mind as your highest goal and organize your entire life around it.
- Worry is negative goal setting.
- The moment you commit to a trip, there begins the search for adventure.
- If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
- Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
- The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.
- The source of all pain is attachment.
- Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
Buddhist Monk (Vietnam) Thich Nhat Hanh
- Someone who discriminates against you, because of your race or the color of your skin or your sexual orientation, is ignorant.
He doesn’t know his own ground of being.
He doesn’t realize that we all share the same ground of being; that is why he can discriminate against you.
Someone who discriminates against others and causes them to suffer is someone who is not happy with himself.
Once you’ve touched the depth and the nature of your ground of being, you’ll be equipped with the kind of understanding that can give rise to compassion and tolerance, and you will be capable of forgiving even those who discriminate against you.
Don’t believe that relief or justice will come through society alone.
True emancipation lies in your capacity to look deeply.
To discriminate against a gay or lesbian, is to discriminate against God.
True religion is about compassion and love, not bigotry, discrimination and hate. Namaste.
- Don't carry a grudge. While you're carrying the grudge, the other guy's out dancing.
Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean
- The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Carpe Diem Sayings
- Abraham Lincoln - And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
- Adam Marshall - You only live once; but if you live it right, once is enough.
- Allen Saunders, 1957 - Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.
- Andrea Boydston - If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance.
- Annie Dillard - Spend the afternoon. You can't take it with you.
- Annie Dillard, The Writing Life - How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.
- Art Buchwald - Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.
- Arthur Miller, After the Fall, 1964 - The word "now" is like a bomb through the window, and it ticks.
- Author Unknown
'Tis better to buy a small bouquet
And give to your friend this very day,
Than a bushel of roses white and red
To lay on his coffin after he's dead.
- Author Unknown - Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is the special occasion.
- Author Unknown - Every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending.
- Author Unknown, From a television commercial - When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure you've got plenty to watch.
- Author Unknown - Is there life before death?
- Author Unknown - Later never exists.
- Author Unknown - Present your family and friends with their eulogies now - they won't be able to hear how much you love them and appreciate them from inside the coffin.
- Author unknown - Sometimes attributed to W.M. Lewis - The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.
- Author Unknown - Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.
- Ben Irwin - Most of us spend our lives as if we had another one in the bank.
- Benjamin Franklin - Lost time is never found again.
- Benjamin Franklin - You may delay, but time will not.
- Bernard Berenson - I would I could stand on a busy corner, hat in hand, and beg people to throw me all their wasted hours.
- Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes - There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.
- Braveheart - Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
- Charles Baudelaire, "Enivrez-vous," Paris Spleen, 1869 - Now is the time to get drunk! To stop being the martyred slaves of time, to get absolutely drunk - on wine, poetry, or on virtue, as you please.
- Charles Buxton - You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it.
- Charles Cowden Clarke - No! no arresting the vast wheel of time, That round and round still turns with onward might.
- Charles Richards - Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of.
- Chinese Proverb - Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
- Christian Furchtegott Gellert - Live as you will wish to have lived when you are dying.
- David Brin - Why must conversions always come so late? Why do people always apologize to corpses?
- Diane Ackerman - I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
- Dion Boucicault - Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher - If we would only give, just once, the same amount of reflection to what we want to get out of life that we give to the question of what to do with a two weeks' vacation, we would be startled at our false standards and the aimless procession of our busy days.
- Dr. Seuss
How did it get so late so soon?
It's night before it's afternoon.
December is here before it's June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
How did it get so late so soon?
- Dr. Seuss - Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite. Or waiting around for Friday night or waiting perhaps for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil or a better break or a string of pearls or a pair of pants or a wig with curls or another chance. Everyone is just waiting.
- E. Knight - Waste not the smallest thing created, for grains of sand make mountains, and atomies infinity. Waste not the smallest time in imbecile infirmity, for well thou knowest that seconds form eternity.
- Edmund Wilson - If I could only remember that the days were, not bricks to be laid row on row, to be built into a solid house, where one might dwell in safety and peace, but only food for the fires of the heart.
- E.E. Cummings - Though love be a day and life be nothing, it shall not stop kissing.
- Elbert Hubbard - Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
- Emily Dickinson - That it will never come again, Is what makes life so sweet.
- Erika Harris, lifeblazing.com - I'm less interested in why we're here. I'm wholly devoted to while we're here.
- Fr. Alfred D'Souza - For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way. Something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.
- Francis Bacon, Essays - A man that is young in years may be old in hours, if he has lost no time.
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Human, All Too Human - When one has a great deal to put into it a day has a hundred pockets.
- George Bernard Shaw - Use your health, even to the point of wearing it out. That is what it is for. Spend all you have before you die; do not outlive yourself.
- George F. Will - The future has a way of arriving unannounced.
- George M. Adams - We cannot waste time. We can only waste ourselves.
- George MacDonald - We die daily. Happy those who daily come to life as well.
- George Santayana, "War Shrines," Soliloquies in England and Later Soliloquies, 1922 - There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
- Guillaume de Salluste Du Bartas, Divine Weeks and Works, 1578 - Who well lives, long lives; for this age of ours should not be numbered by years, days, and hours.
- Hamilton - The question for each man is not what he would do if he had the means, time, influence, and educational advantages, but what he will do with the things he has.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe, Little Foxes, 1865 - The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and for deeds left undone.
- Hazel Lee - I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dripped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.
- Hector Berlioz - Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
- Helen Rowland - The follies which a man regrets most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity.
- Henry Austin Dobso - Time goes, you say? Ah no!Alas, Time stays, we go.
- Henry David Thoreau, "Economy," Walden, 1854 - As if you could kill time without injuring eternity.
- Henry David Thoreau - Only that day dawns to which we are awake.
- Henry James - I think I don't regret a single 'excess' of my responsive youth - I only regret, in my chilled age, certain occasions and possibilities I didn't embrace.
- H.H. "Breaker" Morant - Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right.
- Henry S. Haskins - Many a man gets weary of clamping down on his rough impulses, which if given occasional release would encourage the living of life with salt in it, in place of dust.
- Horace - Remember you must die whether you sit about moping all day long or whether on feast days you stretch out in a green field, happy with a bottle of Falernian from your innermost cellar.
- Indian Saying - When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.
- J. Furniss, Tracts for Spiritual Reading - Never forget that you must die; that death will come sooner than you expect... God has written the letters of death upon your hands. In the inside of your hands you will see the letters M.M. It means "Memento Mori" - remember you must die.
- Jack London - The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.
- James Dean - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
- James Montgomery, To-day
To-morrow - oh, 'twill never be,
If we should live a thousand years!
Our time is all to-day, to-day,
The same, though changed; and while it flies
With still small voice the moments say:
"To-day, to-day, be wise, be wise."
- Japanese Proverb - We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
- Jean Cocteau - Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live.
- Jean de la Bruyère - There are but three events in a man's life: birth, life, and death. He is not conscious of being born, he dies in pain, and he forgets to live.
- Jean de La Bruyère - Those who make the worst use of their time are the first to complain of its shortness.
- Jean Paul Sartre, Situations, 1939 - We do not do what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
- Jim Elliot - When it comes time to die, make sure all you got to do is die.
- Joaquin Miller - There are many To-morrows, my Love, my Love, There is only one To-day.
- Joan Baez - You don't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when. You can only decide how you're going to live. Now.
- Johann von Goethe - Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe - Every second is of infinite value.
- John Burroughs - I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see.
- John Greenleaf Whittier - All the windows of my heart I open to the day.
- John Henry Cardinal Newman - Fear not that life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never have a beginning.
- John Howe - What a folly to dread the thought of throwing away life at once, and yet have no regard to throwing it away by parcels and piecemeal.
- Jonathan Swift - May you live all the days of your life.
- Jonathan Swift - Time is painted with a lock before, and bald behind, signifying thereby that we must take time by the forelock; for, when it is once past, there is no recalling it.
- Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. - Life happens too fast for you ever to think about it. If you could just persuade people of this, but they insist on amassing information.
- Larry McMurtry, Some Can Whistle - If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.
- Lord Byron - When one subtracts from life infancy (which is vegetation), sleep, eating and swilling, buttoning and unbuttoning - how much remains of downright existence? The summer of a dormouse.
- Lord Chesterfield - The value of moments, when cast up, is immense, if well employed; if thrown away, their loss is irrevocable.
- Marcel Proust, The Past Recaptured, 1927 - In theory one is aware that the earth revolves, but in practice one does not perceive it, the ground upon which one treads seems not to move, and one can live undisturbed. So it is with Time in one's life.
- Margaret Fuller - Men for the sake of getting a living forget to live.
- Mark Twain - Let us endeavor to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain - The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
- Martin H. Fischer - Expect an early death - it will keep you busier.
- Maurice Maeterlinck, Wisdom and Destiny, 1901, translated by Alfred Sutro - When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough.
- Michael Leboeuf - Waste your money and you're only out of money, but waste your time and you've lost a part of your life.
- Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960 - Every day of our lives we are on the verge of making those slight changes that would make all the difference.
- Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966 - Fields can lie fallow, but we can't; we have less time.
- Monica Baldwin - The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there.
- Movie: Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while you could miss it.
- Nicolas de Chamfort - Contemplation often makes life miserable. We should act more, think less, and stop watching ourselves live.
- Norman Douglas - Why always "not yet"? Do flowers in spring say "not yet"?
- Oliver Wendell Holmes - Many people die with their music still in them. Why is this so? Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out.
- Phillip Pulfrey, from Beyond Me, www.originals.net
Time is like the wind
That comes in the morning
With a barely palpable caress of the cheek
Rising to a comfortable caress
In its measured passage of the day
Until it rises a sudden gale
Revealing the irrevocability of its power
Trembling our browning leaves
And blowing them to our finality.
- Rabindranath Tagore - The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson - So much of our time is preparation, so much is routine, and so much retrospect, that the path of each man's genius contracts itself to a very few hours.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson - We are always getting ready to live but never living.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson - Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. No man has learned anything rightly, until he knows that every day is Doomsday.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson - What would be the use of immortality to a person who cannot use well a half an hour.
- Righteous Brothers, "Rock & Roll Heaven" - If you believe in forever, then life is just a one-night stand.
- Robert Brault - Life is short, God's way of encouraging a bit of focus.
- Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com - The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by.
- Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com - Why be saddled with this thing called life expectancy? Of what relevance to an individual is such a statistic? Am I to concern myself with an allotment of days I never had and was never promised? Must I check off each day of my life as if I am subtracting from this imaginary hoard? No, on the contrary, I will add each day of my life to my treasure of days lived. And with each day, my treasure will grow, not diminish.
- Robert Herrick
Gather ye rose-buds while ye may;
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today,
Tomorrow will be dying.
- Robert Southwell
Time wears all his locks before;
Take thy hold upon his forehead;
When he flies, he turns no more,
And behind his scalp is naked.
- Rowland Watkyns
Our time consumes like smoke, and posts away;
Nor can we treasure up a month or day:
The sand within the transitory glass
Doth haste, and so our silent minutes pass.
- Russell Baker - Life is always walking up to us and saying, "Come on in, the living's fine," and what do we do? Back off and take its picture.
- Ruth Ann Schabacker - Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons.
- Ruth E. Renkl - You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted.
- Samuel Johnson
Catch, then, oh catch the transient hour;
Improve each moment as it flies!
Life's a short summer, man a flower;
He dies - alas! how soon he dies!
- Samuel Johnson - Life is not long, and too much of it must not pass in idle deliberation how it shall be spent.
- Samuel Johnson - When a man knows he is to be hanged in a fortnight, it concentrates his mind wonderfully.
- Seneca, De Ira - Life, if well lived, is long enough.
- Scottish Proverb - Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.
- Spanish Proverb - No man is quick enough to enjoy life to the full.
- Stephen Levine - If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?
- Stephen Vincent Benét - Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways.
- Sydney J. Harris - Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
- Sydney Smith - He has spent all his life in letting down empty buckets into empty wells; and he is frittering away his age in trying to draw them up again.
- Tagore - I have spent my days stringing and unstringing my instrument, while the song I came to sing remains unsung.
- Thomas Lux - I have died so little today, friend, forgive me.
- Tillie Olsen, Tell Me a Riddle - The clock talked loud. I threw it away, it scared me what it talked.
- Tom DeMarco and Timothy Lister - There are a million ways to lose a work day, but not even a single way to get one back.
- Vin Scully - It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-timers' Game.
- Virgil (Publius Vergilius Maro), Minor Poems, Copa - Death twitches my ear. "Live," he says, "I am coming."
- Walter Scott - To always be intending to live a new life, but never find time to set about it - this is as if a man should put off eating and drinking from one day to another till he be starved and destroyed.
- Wayne Dyer - Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.
- William Habington - Time! where didst thou those years inter Which I have seene decease?
- William Hazlitt, On the Love of Life, 1815 - Our repugnance to death increases in proportion to our consciousness of having lived in vain.
- William James - To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions.
- William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar, 1600 - Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.
- William Shakespeare - I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.
- William Sharp - The swift years slip and slide adown the steep; The slow years pass; neither will come again.
- Zachary Scott - As you grow older, you'll find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do.
Cecil B. DeMille
- A man is no better than that which he leaves behind.
- God gave us free agency, and then gave us the commandments to keep us free.
- Our modern world defined God as a 'religious complex' and laughed at the Ten Commandments as OLD FASHIONED.
Then, through the laughter came the shattering thunder of the World War.
And now a blood-drenched, bitter world -- no longer laughing -- cries for a way out.
It existed before it was engraven upon Tablets of Stone.
It will exist when stone has crumbled.
The Ten Commandments are not rules to obey as a personal favor to God.
They are the fundamental principles without which mankind cannot live together.
The are not laws -- they are The Law.
- When God made time, He made enough of it.
Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)
- You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.
Charles Dana (1819-1897)
- Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.
Charles Darwin (1848-1925)
- In science the credit goes to the man who convinces the world, not the man to whom the idea first occurs.
- It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
Charles DeGaulle (1890-1970)
- Since a politician never believes what he says, he is quite surprised to be taken at his word.
- Reflect on your present blessings--of which every man has many--not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
Charles Dudley Warner (1829-1900)
- The excellence of a gift lies in its appropriateness rather than in its value.
Charles M. de Talleyrand
- Speech was given to man to disguise his thoughts.
Charles F. Kettering
- You will never stub your toe standing still. The faster you go, the more chance there is
of stubbing your toe, but the more chance you have of getting somewhere.
Charles Louis de Secondat / Baron de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
- Civility buys everything and costs nothing.
- Don’t limit investing to the financial world. Invest something of yourself, and you will be richly rewarded.
- It is not now much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.
- When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.
Chester L. Karrass
- In business as in life, you don’t get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate.
- It doesn't take many words to speak the truth.
- Be not afraid of going slowly; be only afraid of standing still.
- If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day — go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.
- I tell my hands to rise and they lift towards the sky. I tell my feet to walk and they move me forward. I tell my mind to be at peace and it laughs at me.
- People in the West are always getting ready to live.
- The palest ink is better than the sharpest memory.
- The person who can keep his tongue, may also keep his soul.
- To exercise the body is to purify the soul.
- When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.
C. J. Woods
- The best things in life are not things.
Marcus Tullius Cicero (55BC)
- Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.
- If the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt, people must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. (55BC)
- Peace is liberty in tranquility.
- The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
Clarence Darrow (1857-1938)
- When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm beginning to believe it.
- Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.
- A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ, that a man should have to seek Him first, to find her.
- At first our dreams seem impossible, then they seem improbable, but when we summon the will, they become inevitable.
- The first half of our lives are ruined by our parents, the last half is ruined by our children.
- Your perception of me is a reflection of you;
My reaction to you is an awareness of me.
Confucius (551–479 BCE)
- Choose a job that you like, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
- Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire.
- Fine words and an insinuating appearance are seldom associated with true virtue.
- In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of.
- Men's natures are alike, it is their habits that carry them far apart.
- Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
- Study the past if you would define the future.
- The Master said, “A true gentleman is one who has set his heart upon the Way. A fellow who is ashamed merely of shabby clothing or modest meals is not even worth conversing with.
- The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.
- The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
- To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.
- Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.
- Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
Corrie Ten Boom
- Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, it empties today of its strength.
- Before you speak to me about your religion, first show it to me in how you treat other people; before you tell me how much you love your God, show me in how much you love all His children; before you preach to me of your passion for your faith, teach me about it through your compassion for your neighbors. In the end, I'm not as interested in what you have to tell or sell as I am in how you choose to live and give.
- Stay disciplined. Successful people do consistently what others do occasionally.
- Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose.
- God doesn't want something from us. He simply wants us.
- God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially formed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain.
- If all the world were Christian, it might not matter if all the world were uneducated.
But, as it is, a cultural life will exist outside the Church whether it exists inside or not.
To be ignorant and simple now -- not to be able to meet the enemies on their own ground -- would be to throw down our weapons, and to betray our uneducated brethren who have, under God, no defense but us against the intellectual attacks of the heathen.
Good philosophy must exist, if for no other reason, because bad philosophy needs to be answered.
The cool intellect must work not only against cool intellect on the other side, but against the muddy heathen mysticisms which deny intellect altogether.
Most of all, perhaps we need intimate knowledge of the past. Not that the past has any magic about it, but because we cannot study the future, and yet need something to set against the present, to remind us that periods and that much which seems certain to the uneducated is merely temporary fashion.
A man who has lived in many place is not likely to be deceived by the local errors of his native village: the scholar has lived in many times and is therefore in some degree immune from the great cataract of nonsense that pours from the press and the microphone of his own age.
C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory
- Love is not an affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved persons ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.
- There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.
- Most of all, perhaps we need intimate knowledge of the past. Not that the past has any magic about it, but because we cannot study the future, and yet need something to set against the present, to remind us that periods and that much which seems certain to the uneducated is merely temporary fashion.
C.T. Studd (Cambridge cricketer and missionary pioneer)
- Only one life, 'twill soon be past:
Only what's done for Christ will last.
- We will be known by the tracks we leave behind.
- It is more useful to be aware of a single weakness in oneself than to be aware of a thousand weaknesses in someone else.
- I shall pass this way but once, any good, therefore, that i can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
- If you want to conquer FEAR, do not sit home and THINK about it, GO OUT and get busy.
- When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.
- Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Dan MacFarlane (Facebook Skateboarder)
- Create the things you wish existed.
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.
- Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.
- It is better to shoot for the moon and miss, than to shoot for the gutter and make it.
- If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving infant's life,
she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base.
- No man ever threw away a life while it was worth keeping.
- I will go anywhere, as long as it is forward.
- When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one,
an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. (See also: Edmund Burke)
- Be less attached to winning and more attached to the truth.
- When you are the most emotional about any issue, assume that you are blinding yourself. An open mind is calm, centered, flexible, and tolerant of opposing views.
Deloy Pierce (Taylorsville Senior Center 2014)
- A cynic is an optimist who has bled to death.
Dennis Prager - Genesis Book
- What do you think your parents most want you to be: Happy, Successful, Smart, or Good?.
- Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons.
Dick Morris - Political commentator for Fox News
- He observed the four leading GOP presidential contenders for 2008:
John McCain, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, and Rudy Giuliani.
He noted: The only one of these guys who hasn't had multiple wives is the Mormon.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer (1906-1945)
- Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.
- We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails.
- Insight is the ability to objectively evaluate yourself and understand what makes you do what you do.
- Insight is the ability to see oneself without distortion.
- Insight is the #1 key to change because you cannot change what you do not acknowledge.
- Ten Life Laws:
- Life Law #1: You either get it, or you don’t. Strategy: Become one of those who gets it.
- Life Law #2: You create your own experience. Strategy: Acknowledge and accept accountability for your life. Understand your role in creating results.
- Life Law #3: People do what works. Strategy: Identify the payoffs that drive your behavior and that of others.
- Life Law #4: You cannot change what you do not acknowledge. Strategy: Get real with yourself about life and everybody in it. Be truthful about what isn't working in your life. Stop making excuses and start making results.
- Life Law #5: Life rewards action. Strategy: Make careful decisions and then pull the trigger. Learn that the world couldn't care less about thoughts without actions.
- Life Law #6: There is no reality, only perception. Strategy: Identify the filters through which you view the world. Acknowledge your history without being controlled by it.
- Life Law #7: Life is managed; it is not cured. Strategy: Learn to take charge of your life and hold on. This is a long ride, and you are the driver every single day.
- Life Law #8: We teach people how to treat us. Strategy: Own, rather than complain about, how people treat you. Learn to renegotiate your relationships to have what you want.
- Life Law #9: There is power in forgiveness. Strategy: Open your eyes to what anger and resentment are doing to you. Take your power back from those who have hurt you.
- Life Law #10: You have to name it before you can claim it. Strategy: Get clear about what you want and take your turn.
- There is no reality, only perception.
- What I fear, I create.
- Your perception is your reality. Whatever you believe to be true is true for you.
- A lot of disappointed people have been left standing on the street corner waiting for the bus marked Perfection.
- Of all forms of government and society, those of free men and women are in many respects the most brittle. They give the fullest freedom for activities of private persons and groups who often identify their own interests, essentially selfish, with the general welfare.
- No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation.
- Some of the secret joys of living are not found by rushing from point A to point B, but by inventing some imaginary letters along the way.
Dr. Seuss (1904-1991)
- Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
- Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So get on your way.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A problem is a chance for you to do your best.
Dwight Eisenhower (Five-star General)
- In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.
- The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.
- We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.
- If the average person realized the power he wields over his life and destiny, he would live in a perpetual state of wonder and thanksgiving.
- People with goals succeed because they know where they are going…It’s as simple as that.
Earl Warren (1891-1974)
- Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
- I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma.
E. H. Harriman
- It is never safe to look into the future with eyes of fear.
- My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.
- I've considered myself a loner when it comes to reasoning things out through my life
and trying to figure things out through a unique process that I can call my own,
but I have never been alone when it comes to enjoying everything once I figure
it out; and friends are the important pieces from the puzzle of life
that are rewarding.
- Every increment in the time of our lives is gaining on the inevitable moment when we say to ourselves
that we have wasted too much time in a vacuum of our own egocentricity.....
it's time to reach out and share the intensity of our deepest emotions of peace and love
to make our lives more meaningful and graceful in the transition to the unknown...
- Love can be unknown until you receive the pain it can deliver when you lose it.
- When driving down the freeway of life, take as many exits as possible.
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
- Ambition can creep as well as soar.
- Our patience will achieve more than our force.
- The hottest fires in hell are reserved for those who remain neutral in times of moral crisis.
Also - Dante: The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.
- The only thing necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. (See also: David Sisler)
Also: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing.
Ed Parker - Karate Champion
- We learn to fight. Not so we can fight, but so we won't have to.
Edward Abbey, The Journey Home: Some Words in Defense of the American West
- Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.
Edward Bulwer Lytton
- To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned.
Dr. Edward Judson
- Suffering and success go together. If you are succeeding without suffering, it is because others before you have suffered; if you are suffering without succeeding, it is that others after you may succeed.
Edward R. Murrow
- A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
- Those who think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.
Edwin Way Teale
- Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, and the labors of life reduce themselves.
- The teacher is one who makes two ideas grow where only one grew before.
- Life has to be lived. That’s all there is to it.
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Ellen O'Neal Deason
- The mind is energy. Regulate it.
- Where there is love, there is no question.
- Those who are lifting the world upward and onward are those who encourage more than criticize.
Elmer Davis (1890-1958)
- The first and great commandment is: "Don't let them scare you."
- Values are like fingerprints. Nobody's are the same, but you leave 'em all over everything you do.
- Happiness, it is said, is seldom found by those who seek it, and never by those who seek it for themselves.
- Use soft words and hard arguments.
- Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- A Garage is the Colon of the House; it's where you keep all your crap.
- Never confuse movement with action.
Eugene Delacroix (1798-1863)
- Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything.
- When one with honeyed words but evil mind persuades the mob, great woes befall the state.
- Love is a game that two can play and both can win.
- Don't hesitate to go out on a limb sometimes -- after all, that's where the fruit is.
- I wish I could live a life worth looking back upon.
Evelyn Waugh (1903-1966)
- Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
Ezra T. Benson
- Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.
- Cold, steely eyed, weapons systems managers who kill bad people and break things. However, they can also be very charming and personable. The average Fighter Pilot, despite sometimes having a swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
- 911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
- A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
- An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
- Assault is a behavior, not a device.
- Colt: The original point and click interface.
- Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.
- Enforce the "gun control laws" we ALREADY have, don't make more.
- Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
- Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
- Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
- If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
- If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
- If you don't know your rights you don't have any.
- Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
- Montana Citizen: Hand guns are the last resort to get you back to where your rifle is.
- Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
- The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
- The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
- Thomas Jefferson: Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.
- Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
- Wayne LaPierre: To stop a bad guy with a gun, it takes a good guy with a gun.
- What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
- When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
- You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
- You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
- A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
Sir Francis Darwin (1848-1925)
- In science the credit goes to the man who convinces the world, not the man to whom the idea first occurs.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld -
Author, Paris, France, Born: September 15, 1613, Died: March 17, 1680
- Hypocrisy is a tribute vice pays to virtue.
- It is amazing how much crisper the general experience of life becomes when your body is given a chance to develop a little strength.
- The United States is a nation of laws, badly written and randomly enforced.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1882-1945)
- The only limit to our realiziation of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith.
- The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
- Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable.
- To reach a port, we must sail - sail, not at anchor - sail, not drift.
- We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.
Frederick Bastiat (1801-1850)
- Now, legal plunder can be committed in an infinite number of ways.
Thus we have an infinite number of plans for organizing it: tariffs, protection,
benefits, subsidies, encouragements, progressive taxation, public schools, guaranteed jobs,
guaranteed profits, minimum wages, a right to relief, a right to the tools of labor,
free credit, and so on, and so on. All these plans as a whole—with their common aim of legal plunder—
Friedrich Ludwig Jahn
(August 11, 1778 – October 15, 1852) was a German gymnastics educator and nationalist.
- The secret of living in peace with all people lies in the art of understanding each one by his own individuality.
- No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
- Whenever I climb, I am followed by a dog named Ego.
- Most subjects at universities are taught for no other purpose than that they may be retaught when the students become teachers.
G.K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
- It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.
Galileo Galileo (1564-1642)
- All truths are easy to undersatand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.
- Mathematics is the language in which God has written the universe.
- You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.
- Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
G. K. Chesterton
- An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.
- I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
- If my body dies, let my body die, but do not let my country die.
- It is not sufficient that I succeed - all others must fail.
- The greatest happiness is to scatter your enemy, to drive him before you, to see his cities reduced to ashes, to see those who love him shrouded in tears, and to gather into your bosom his wives and daughters.
- With Heaven's aid I have conquered for you a huge empire. But my life was too short to achieve the conquest of the world. That task is left for you.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
- Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.
- He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches.
- The more things a man is ashamed of, the more respectable he is.
- Liberty means responsibility.
- People do not become great by doing great things; they do great things because they are great.
- What we want is to see the child in pursuit of knowledge, and not knowledge in pursuit of the child.
- We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
- A man’s life is interesting primarily when he had failed for it’s a sign that he had tried to surpass himself.
- It is never too late to be who you might have been.
George Herbert (1593-1633)
- The best mirror is an old friend.
- He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.
- The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.
George S. Patton
- Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash.
- It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
George Santayana (1863–1952, Philosopher, Essayist, Poet and Novelist)
- Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
George Washington (1732-1799)
- A primary object…should be the education of our youth in the science of government. In a republic, what species of knowledge can be equally important? And what duty more pressing…than…communicating it to those who are to be the future guardians of the liberties of the country?
- It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.
- Our cause is noble; it is the cause of mankind!
- A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.
- A good man apologizes for the mistakes of the past, but a great man corrects them.
- Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
- The military mind is by necessity dull and unimaginaive.
Harper Lee “To Kill A Mockingbird”
- The one thing that doesn’t abide by majority rule is a person’s conscience.
- Adelle Davis
As I see it, every day you do one of two things; build health or produce disease in yourself.
A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.
- B.K.S. lyengar
Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind, and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.
- Douglas Pagels
Some of the secret joys of living are not found by rushing from point A to point B, but by inventing some imaginary letters along the way.
- Edward Stanley
Those who think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.
- Frank Duff
It is amazing how much crisper the general experience of life becomes when your body is given a chance to develop a little strength.
- Ginger - Physical Therapist at Intermountain Hospital, Murray, Utah - April 3, 2018
Physical Therapy is similar to the medications prescribed to you for your health. They don't do you any good unless you take them.
- Ginger - Physical Therapist at Intermountain Hospital, Murray, Utah - April 3, 2018
Patients suffering from chronic pain are given two choices: work to alleviate the pain with physical therapy, or live with the pain indefinitely. Many patients surprisingly choose to live with their pain.
"Whatever you love most, be it sports, pleasure, business or God, that is your god!" - Billy Graham
Whatever we love most takes control of how we make our decisions. When given the choice between work and being lazy, choose to work for what you love.
- Henry David Thoreau
Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourslef to the influences of each.
Leave your drugs in the chemist's pot if you can cure the patient with food.
- Horace Friess
All seasons are beautiful for the person who carries happiness within.
- Joseph Addison
Cheerfulness is the best promoter of health and is as friendly to the mind as to the body.
- Margaret Lee Runbeck
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty ... a picture which was never seen before, and which shall never be seen again.
- Sore Today - Strong Tomorrow! (T-Shirt on Bell Canyon Trail - April 27, 2019)
Helen Keller (1880-1968)
- Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
- Defeat is simply a signal to press onward.
- Everything has its wonder, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therein to be content.
- People don't like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions aren't always pleasant.
- Remember, no effort that we make to attain something beautiful is ever lost.
- Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all - the apathy of human beings.
- The most beautiful things in life cannot be seen or even touched, but felt within the heart.
- We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.
- What's the use of happiness? It can't buy you money.
Henry Brooks Adams
- A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
Henry David Thoreau
- If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.
- It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.
- Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
- That man is richest whose pleasures are the cheapest.
- Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian.
- If you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.
- Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
- A problem ignored is a crisis invited.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we would find in each person's story enough suffering and sorrow there to disarm all hostilities.
- Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present.
It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear.
Henry Ward Beecher
- Troubles are often the tools by which God fashions us for better things.
Heraclitus (535-475 B.C.)
- Learning of many things does not teach intelligence.
Herbert Henry Asquith (1852-1928)
- Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
- If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself.
What isn’t part of ourselves doesn’t disturb us.
- Leave your drugs in the chemist's pot if you can cure the patient with food.
H.L. Mencken (born 1880 - died 1956)
Journalist, satirist, critic -- and a Democrat.
- He wrote this editorial while working for the Baltimore Evening Sun. It appeared in the July 26, 1920 edition:
"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
Horace - Latin Poet - 30 B.C.
- Happy the man who far from schemes of business, like the early generations of mankind,
works his ancestral acres, with oxen of his own breeding, from all usury free.
- All seasons are beautiful for the person who carries happiness within.
- Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves.
Horatio Greenough (American Sculptor - 1852)
- Form follows function is a principle associated with modern architecture and industrial design in the 20th century. The principle is that the shape of a building or object should be primarily based upon its intended function or purpose.
Hubert H. Humphrey
- The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.
Hugo DeGroot (1583-1645)
- Ignorance of certain subjects is a great part of wisdom.
Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)
- Science is organised knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.
Indira Gandhi (1917-1984)
- You must be still in the midst of activity, and be vibrantly alive in repose.
- He who lives by hope will die by hunger.
Ivy Baker Priest
- The world is round and the place which may seem like the end, may also be the beginning.
Izaak Walton (1593-1683)
- God has two dwellings: one in heaven, and the other in a meek and thankful heart.
- Skateboarding may wound my body but it heals my heart.
- A clear conscience sleeps during thunder.
- Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.
James M. Barrie
- Life is a long lesson in humility.
- The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.
James Dale Davidson, National Taxpayers Union
- When you subsidize poverty and failure, you get more of both.
James A. Michener
- An age is called Dark, not because the light fails to shine, but because people refuse to see it.
James D. Miles
- You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
- Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Janwillem van de Wetering
- Greed is a fat demon with a small mouth and whatever you feed it is never enough.
- I can't have children. Nothing physically wrong, I just hate them.
J. I. Packer
- Disregard the study of God, and you sentence yourself to stumble and blunder through life blindfolded, as it were, with no sense of direction and no understanding of what surrounds you. This way you can waste your life and lose your soul.
- Beginning is easy. Continuing is hard.
- He who would go a hundred miles should consider ninety-nine as halfway.
- We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
- With hurricanes, tornadoes, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?
Jean DeLa Fontaine (1621-1695)
- By the work one knows the workmen.
- You cannot stop loving your friend because they are dead, especially if they were better than anyone alive, you know.
- Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want different result, make a different choice.
- Sometimes it's not the people who change, it's the mask that falls off.
- The past is where you learned the lesson. The future is where you apply the lesson. Don't give up in the middle.
Jim Elliot (October 8, 1927 – January 8, 1956) was an evangelical Christian missionary to Ecuador who, along with four others, was killed while attempting to evangelize the Waodani people through efforts known as Operation Auca.
- Wherever you are - be all there.
Jim Goodrich Skateboard Photographer
- Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you haven't committed.
- I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
- When you're 20, you care what everyone thinks.
When you're 40, you stop caring what everyone thinks.
When you're 60, you realize no one was ever thinking about you in the first place.
Jim Howell (Oct 2004)
- Camping: I didn't work hard all my life to earn a nice home just so I could go camping and spend time in a dirt field.
- Camping: Where you spend a small fortune, to live like a homeless person.
- It is easier to hate the whole world, than it is to love just one person.
- Man does not live by being bred alone.
- The one who loves the most, loses in the relationship.
- Time wounds all heals.
- With great power, comes great electric bills.
- Your personal philosophy is the greatest determining factor in how your life will turn out.
- Accuracy builds credibility.
- Don't wish it was easier; wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems; wish for more skills.
Don't wish for less challenges; wish for more wisdom.
- How long should you try? Until.
- If you don’t like how things are, change it!
- Indecision is the thief of opportunity.
- Pay attention. Don’t just stagger through the day.
- Success is a study of the obvious. Everyone should take Obvious I and Obvious II in school.
- I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
- May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions.
Johann von Neumann
- In mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
John Adams - US Diplomat & Politician (1735 - 1826)
- A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
- Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice.
- Here every private person is authorized to arm himself, and on the strength of this authority, I do not deny the inhabitants had a right to arm themselves at that time, for their defense, not for offence.
As defense attorney for the British soldiers on trial for the Boston Massacre.
- In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.
- Our Constitution is made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
- Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it.
- There Are Two Ways To Enslave A Country. One Is By The Sword. The Other Is By Debt. (1826)
- There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.
- We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
- We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
- A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.
- An ulcer is an unkissed imagination taking its revenge for having been jilted.
It is an undanced dance, an unpainted watercolor, an unwritten poem.
John Cotton Dana
- Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.
John W. Daniel (June 28, 1883)
Oration at the Dedication of the Robert E. Lee Memorial in Lexington
- The highest attributes of human nature are not disclosed in action, but in self-restraint and repose.
In action there is stimulus of excited physical faculties and of the moving passions - but in the composure of the calm mind that quietly devotes itself to hard life work - putting aside temptations - contemplating and rising superior to all surrounding of adversity, suffering, danger and death, man is revealed in his highest manifestation.
Then, and then alone, he seems to have redeemed his fallen state, and to be recreated in God's image.
At the bottom of all true heroism is unselfishness. It's crowning expression is sacrifice.
The world is suspicious of vaunted (boast, brag) heroes. They are easily manufactured.
John M. Gottman
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
- 53 - Enhance Your Love Maps - Know your partner's joys, likes, dislikes, fears, stresses, etc.
- 67 - Nurture Your Fondness and Admiration - If a couple still have fondness and admirationm for each other, their marriage is salvageable.
- 87 - Turn Toward Each Other Instead of Away - Couples who engage in lots of interaction tend to remain happy.
- 115 - Let Your Partner Influence You - Respect and honor your partner's opinions and feelings.
- 160 - Solve Your Solvable Problems
- Soften your start-up
- Learn to make and receive repair attempts
- Soothe yourself and each other
- Process any grievances so that they don't linger
- 236 - Overcome Gridlock - You have reached Gridlock if:
- You have had the same argument again and again with no resolution.
- Neither of you can address the issue with humor, empathy, or affection.
- The issue is becoming increasingly polarizing as time goes on.
- Compromise seems impossible because it would mean selling out -- giving up something important and core to your beliefs, values, or sense of self.
- 260 - Create Shared Meaning - Creat an inner life together
John F. Kennedy - 35th President from January 20, 1961 – November 22, 1963
- And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.
My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.
- Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
- John Kennedy once said to a assembled group of scholars in the White House:
I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.
- Let every Nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardships, support any friend, oppose any foe to ensure the survival and success of liberty. This much we pledge.
- Our fears must never hold us back from pursuing our hopes.
- Today we need a nation of minute men; men who are not only prepared to take up arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as a basic purpose of their daily life. (1961)
John Kennedy - Senator from Louisiana
- Always Follow your heart.....but take your brains with you.
- Americans are thinking, there are some good members of Congress but we can’t figure out what they are good for. Others are thinking, how did these morons make it through the birth canal.
- Don't stand between a dog and a fire hydrant.
- Dum enough for twins.
- I keep trying to see Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer's point of view, but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.
- I trust Middle Eastern countries as much as gas station sushi, with the exception being Israel.
- It appears that he might do the right thing, but only when supervised and cornered like a rat.
- Our country was founded by geniuses, but it's being run by idiots.
- She has a Billy goat brain and a mockingbird mouth!
- The short answer is ‘No.’ The long answer is ‘Hell No.’
- This is why aliens won't talk to us.
- When the Portland mayor's IQ gets to 75, he oughta sell.
- You can get a goat to climb tree, but you’d be better off hiring a squirrel.
- You can only be young once, but you can always be immature.
- What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
- My knees are ruined. My back is blown out. I have a hard time walking. I'm going to have a hard time getting up out of this chair in a second, and it's all because of skateboarding. And it feels so good. It feels so good to know that you're a skateboarder and that's it.
- Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker.
John Milton (Author of Paradise Lost)
John Milton (December 9, 1608 – November 8, 1674) was an English poet, polemicist, man of letters, and civil servant for the Commonwealth of England under Oliver Cromwell. He wrote at a time of religious flux and political upheaval, and is best known for his epic poem Paradise Lost (1667), written in blank verse.
- A mind not to be changed by place or time. The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.
- Awake, arise or be for ever fall’n.
- Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven.
- For so I created them free and free they must remain.
- Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.
- Long is the way and hard, that out of Hell leads up to light.
- Never can true reconcilement grow where wounds of deadly hate have pierced so deep...
- The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven...
- What needs my Shakespeare for his honoured bones,
The labor of an age in pilèd stones,
Or that his hallowed relics should be hid
Under a star-y-pointing pyramid?
Dear son of memory, great heir of fame,
What need'st thou such weak witness of thy name?
- Yet he who reigns within himself, and rules passions, desires, and fears, is more a king.
- Not what we have, but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.
John Stuart Mill (1806-1873)
- One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who have only interests.
- Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
John Wooden - Head Basketball Coach at UCLA (October 14, 1910 – June 4, 2010)
- Ability is a poor man's wealth.
- Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.
- Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.
- Be persistent. Be determined. Be tenacious. Be unrelenting. The road to achievement is rocky, hard, and long. Things easily achieved are rarely long-lasting or significant.
- Be true to yourself, help others, make each day your masterpiece, make friendship a fine art, drink deeply from good books - especially the Bible, build a shelter against a rainy day, give thanks for your blessings and pray for guidance every day.
- Being a role model is the most powerful form of education...too often fathers neglect it because they get so caught up in making a living they forget to make a life.
- Confidence must be monitored so that it does not spoil or rot and turn to arrogance.
- Discipline yourself, and others won't need to.
- Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- Don't give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you.
- Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.
- Fear of failure is the greatest failure of all.
- Good values are like a magnet - they attract good people.
- I'd rather have a lot of talent and little experience than a lot of experience and a little talent.
- If I am through learning, I am through.
- If we magnified blessings as much as we magnify disappointments, we would all be much happier.
- If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
- If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything.
- It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
- Little things make the big things happen.
- Never mistake activity for achievement.
- Nothing will work unless you do.
- Passion is momentary, love is enduring.
- Perform at your best when your best is required. Your best is required each day.
- Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.
- Success travels in the company of very hard work. There is no trick, no easy way.
- Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man given. Be grateful. Conceit is self given. Be careful.
- The best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
- The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.
- The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.
- The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching.
- There is a choice that you have to make, in everything you do. So keep in mind that in the end, the choice you make, makes you.
- There is no substitute for very hard work when it comes to success.
- Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
- To build a stong team, you must see someone else's strength as a compliment to your weakness, not a threat to your position or authority.
- Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.
- When no one worries about who will receive the credit, far more can be accomplished in any group activity.
- When opportunity comes, it's too late to prepare.
- When you see a successful individual, a champion, you can be very sure that you are looking at an individual who pays great attention to the perfection of minor details.
- Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.
- You can never make up for a lost day.
- You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one.
- You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
- Cheerfulness is the best promoter of health and is as friendly to the mind as to the body.
- The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.
- Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well.
Joyce Meyer - Battlefield of the Mind
- A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances insteaad of your circumstances having power over you.
- Many people have a wishbone, but no backbone.
- There is no such thing as peace without opposition.
- Anger is a fuel. It is meant to be acted on, not acted out.
- I would rather be first in a little Iberian village than second in Rome.
Kahlil Gibran - The Prophet - 1923
- Work is love made visible.
- You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.
- From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need.
- Being on the tightrope is living; everything else is waiting.
King George V
- The secret of happiness is not to do what you like to do, but to learn to like what you have to do.
King Solomon (970-928 B.C.)
- Justice will only be achieved when those who are not injured by crime feel as indignant as those who are.
(Definition-Indignant: feeling anger at unjust mean, or ungrateful action or treatment)
- One player practicing sportsmanship is far better than 50 preaching it.
- Be good to yourself. If you don’t take care of your body, where will you live?
- Our vision is more obstructed by what we think we know than by our lack of knowledge.
Lady Marguerite Blessington
- There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.
Lao Tzu - Chinese Philosopher (604BC - 531BC)
- Kind words create confidence, kind thinking creates profoundness, kindness in giving creates love.
- Time is a created thing. To say 'I don't have time' is to say 'I don't want to'.
Leonardo Da Vinci (1452-1519)
- As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so a well used life brings happy death.
- Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
- Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art.
- It is in the rocky early moments of bringing change to your life that you discover who you are.
In the prosperous times, you build what is in your pocket. In the tough times,
you strengthen what is in your heart.
Lewis E. Dunnington
- What life means to us is determined, not so much by what life brings to us as by the attitude we bring to life; not so much by what happens to us as by our reaction to what happens.
- Don't try to be great at all things. Pick a few things to be good at and be the best you can.
- Fame is the thirst of youth.
- Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still.
- Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I'll show you someone who has overcome adversity.
Louie Armstrong (1900-1971)
- The one law that does not change is that everything changes, and the hardship
I was bearing today was only a breath away from the pleasures I would have tomorrow,
and those pleasures would be all the richer because of the memories of this I was enduring.
Louis Pasteur (December 27, 1822 – September 28, 1895)
- In the fields of observation chance favours only the prepared mind.
Chance favors the prepared mind.
- Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.
If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal.
Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements.
Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness.
But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken;
it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.
- Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
- Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source.
It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness,
of witherings, of tarnishings.
- Where there is no exaggeration there is no love, and where there is no love there is no understanding.
- You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms
can only come later, when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip.
Lyndon B. Johnson
- Any jackass can kick down a barn but it takes a good carpenter to build one.
- The noblest search is the search for excellence.
- Is it not better to be disgraced in the eyes of your Father, than to die in the arms of your dog?
- Ride the wave that's come your way,
for it too will pass like another day.
Ride the way past sunset's end,
Good times ahead, to you I send.
- I dance with my left leg and I dance with my right leg. Between the two of them, I make a lot of money.
- It's not the men in my life, but rather the life in my men.
- Sex is a misdemeanor. The more sex I miss, the meaner I get.
- Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.
- Speak the truth even if your voice shakes. (Good Earth Tea)
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
- Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
- You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
- If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life.
- Misunderstanding of the present grows fatally from the ignorance of the past. (From the movie, "The Day of the Siege.")
Marcus Tullius Cicero
- A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.
- If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.
Margaret Lee Runbeck
- Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
- The trouble with Socialism is, sooner or later you run out of other people's money.
- Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- What do people mean when they say the computer went down on them?
Mario Raposo (Facebook)
- Pain is only a distraction you can't afford to have when you get old. (Feb 10, 2015)
Mark Twain (1835-1910)
- Advice to Youth: The history of our race, and each individual's experience, are sown thick with evidence that a truth is not hard to kill and that a lie told well is immortal.
- Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
- Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable.
- I am opposed to millionaires... but it would be dangerous to offer me the position.
- I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
- If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.
- It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things:
freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them.
- Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
- Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
- Suppose you were an idiot . . . And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
- The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not.
- To be good is noble, but to teach others how to be good is nobler-and less trouble.
Mark Victor Hansen
- Focused mind power is one of the strongest forces on earth.
- You don't become enormously successful without encountering some really interesting problems.
- I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.
- I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our disposition
and not on our circumstances.
Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
- He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.
- I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged
by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. (1963)
- Nothing is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
- The time is always right to do what is right.
- Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles - it empties today of its strength.
Martin Luther King
- The time is always right to do what is right.
Mary Notis (1951-)
- I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.
Mary Reid (1950-)
- A project will expand to fill the time alloted to it.
Matthew Arnold (1822-1888)
- The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.
Matt Burt (1954- )
- You cannot expect to find matters of higher virtue in people or money.
- In a society governed passively by free markets and free elections, organized greed always defeats disorganized democracy.
Matt Zafir (World Traveler)
- It is not until you stumble in another's language that you realize what a pleasure it is to run in your own.
- When you believe you can -- you can.
- I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. (Study Suggests Emotions Last After Memory Fades.)
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Mayer Amsheel Rothschild
Founder of the Rothschild Family International Banking Dynasty
- Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws.
- Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
H.L.Mencken (born 1880 - died 1956)
Journalist, satirist, critic and registered Democrat.
- Mencken wrote the brief editorial comment below while working for the Baltimore Evening Sun, which appeared in the July 26,1920 edition.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.
On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
So it was written, and so it has come to pass...
- He who doesn't look ahead remains behind.
- I don't have a problem if you aim high and miss, I have a problem if you aim low and hit.
- Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
Michael J. Fox
- I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
- Stress does not exist except for where people create it themselves.
- Life is like riding a motorcycle, dress for the crash, not for the ride.
- People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
- If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
- Laughter is an instant vacation.
- If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand.
- In solitude alone can man find his own freedom.
- Speak without offending; Listen without defending.
Moshe Dayan (1915-1981)
- If you want to make peace you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.
- The first step to becoming is to will it.
- Be kind to each other in your homes. Be kind to those who surround you.
I prefer that you make mistakes in kindness rather than that you work miracles in unkindness.
Often just for one word, one look, one quick action, and darkness fills the heart of the one we love.
- Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
- I am not sure exactly what heaven will be like, but I do know that when we die and it comes time for God
to judge us, He will not ask, "How many good things have you done in your life?," rather He will ask,
"How much love did you put into what you did?
- I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love.
- I see God in every human being. When I wash the leper's wounds, I feel I am nursing the Lord himself.
Is it not a beautiful experience?
- I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that,
but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there.
- If we have no peace, it is because we forget we belong to each other.
- If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
- It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish.
- It is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing. It is not how much we give,
but how much love we put in the giving.
- It's not how much you do but how much love you put into what you are doing.
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
- Love has a hem to her garment that reaches to the very dust. It sweeps the stains from the streets and lanes,
and because it can, it must.
- Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.
- Men do no great things, only small things with great love.
- Peace begins with a smile.
- People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway.
- Smile at each other, smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other -
it doesn't matter who it is - and that will help you to grow up in greater love for each other.
- The dying, the cripple, the mental, the unwanted, the unloved they are Jesus in disguise.
- The greatest science in the world; in heaven and on earth; is love.
- The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.
- The success of love is in the loving — it is not in the result of loving.
Of course it is natural in love to want the best for the other person,
but whether it turns out that way or not does not determine the value of what we have done.
- We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
But if that drop was not in the ocean, I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
I do not agree with the big way of doing things.
- When I see waste here, I feel angry on the inside. I don't approve of myself getting angry.
But it's something you can't help after seeing Ethiopia.
- When I was crossing into Gaza, I was asked at the checkpost whether I was carrying any weapons.
I replied: Oh yes, my prayer books.
- Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
- We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing.
Alternately: We the willing, led by the unknowing, have done so much, with so little, for so long,
that we are now qualified to make anything out of nothing.
Moshe Dayan (1915-1981)
- If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your enemies.
Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)
"Those who have the most ability to conquer lands
usually have the least ability to govern those lands."
- Love isn't a perfect state of caring. It is an active noun, like 'struggle'.
- Pleasure is not happiness. It has no more importance than a shadow following a man.
- Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
- A harvest of peace is produced from a seed of contentment.
Napolean Bonaparte (August 15, 1769 - May 5, 1821)
Napoleon rapidly rose through the ranks of the military during the French Revolution (1789-1799).
- Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
- If you want a thing done well, do it yourself.
- An army marches on its stomach.
- When your desires are strong enough you will possess superhuman powers to achieve.
Native American Proverb
- It is easy to be brave from a distance.
Neale Donald Walsch
- Quantum physics tells us that nothing that is observed is unaffected by the observer. That statement, from science, holds an enormous and powerful insight. It means that everyone sees a different truth, because everyone is creating what they see.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Be ashamed to die until you have scored some victory for humanity.
- As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, America gave him the White House based on the same credentials.
- You are what you love, not what loves you. (Movie: Adaptation @ 1:37:25)
- Goals are simply a way of breaking a vision into smaller, workable units.
Nikita Khrushchev (First Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union 1953-1964)
- You Americans are so gullible. No, you won’t accept communism outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of socialism until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism. We won’t have to fight you. We’ll so weaken your economy ...until you’ll fall like overripe fruit into our hands.
- The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of 'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.
Norman Vincent Peale
- Every problem has in it the seeds of its own solution. If you don't have any problems,
you don't get any seeds.
- Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow.
President Barack Obama
Comment about the Military providing their own Health Insurance:
Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war.
They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice?
It doesn't compute...” "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country,
"Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money.
With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history,
I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit.
I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans.
Origins: President Barack Obama did not utter the words attributed to him above; the quoted example is a bit of fictional dialogue excerpted from a satirical piece by conservative humorist John Semmens which was published on his site on 21 March 2009. It is also not true that President Obama ever proposed to "let the military pay for their war injuries."
The kernel of truth behind this item, which was the basis of Mr. Semmens' satire, was that in conjunction with meeting with several veterans groups in March 2009, the Obama administration floated a proposal to save the federal government an estimated $540 million per year by billing veterans' private insurance companies for the treatment of their combat injuries and other service-related health problems. (Currently only non-service-related medical treatments are so billed.) The proposal would not have, as was often misreported, forced veterans to pay for the treatment of their injuries out of their own pockets or required them to buy private insurance; but it did raise the prospect that injured or ill veterans might find it harder or more expensive to purchase health coverage, or to obtain employment in the private sector if employer-funded private insurance plans had to cover the additional costs of treating injuries and other service-related health problems.
Comments About Obama:
Czech Republic Observer - September 19, 2011:
The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting an inexperienced man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama Presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their President. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their President.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- All limitations are self-imposed.
- It is required of a man that he should share the passion and action of his time,
at peril of being judged not to have lived.
- I learned that good judgment comes from experience and that experience grows out of mistakes.
Orison Sweet Marden
- Many a one has succeeded only because he has failed after repeated efforts.
If he had never met defeat, he would never have known any great victory.
- There is honor in doing your best.
Oscar Pistorius - African Double-Amputee Runner
- You're not disabled by the disabilities you have, you are able by the abilities you have.
- Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same.
- I can resist anything but temptation.
Otto von Bismarck - Germany - (April 1, 1815 – July 30, 1898)
He engineered a series of wars in the 1860s that unified the German states, significantly and deliberately excluding Austria, into a powerful German Empire under Prussian leadership.
- A statesman must wait until he hears the steps of God sounding through events, then leap up and grasp the hem of His garment.
- The great questions of the day are not decided by speeches and majority votes ... but by blood and iron" — that is, by warfare and industrial might.
- The statesman's task is to hear God's footsteps marching through history, and to try and catch on to His coattails as He marches past.
Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)
- Action is the foundational key to all success.
- The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away. (Suggested: change "away" to "a Way")
Morro Bay Pastor Randy Ponder (July 15, 2013)
- Can we, this fourth of July, be a people that say, "America, Bless God?"
- Generosity becomes toxic when we perpetuate a spirit of kindness into the life of the broken without providing tools to become healthy.
- Never allow the attitude of others to dictate your future in Christ.
- In half a lifetime, many Americans have seen their God dethroned, their heroes defiled, their culture polluted, their values assaulted, their country invaded, and themselves demonized as extremists and bigots for holding on to beliefs Americans have held for generations. Graphic
- Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.
- Give me liberty or give me death!
- speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775)
It is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope.
We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts.
Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty?
Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation?
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it....
It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter.
Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace — but there is no peace.
The war is actually begun!
The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms!
Our brethren are already in the field!
Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
Patrick Moynihan (Senator)
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.
- A mathematician is a device for converting coffee into theorems.
- My Mom said she learned how to swim when someone took her out in the lake
and threw her off the boat. I said, "Mom, they weren't trying to teach you how to swim."
- The world is changed by your example, not your opinion. (Graphic)
Peggy Owen (1953-)
- A peaceful life allows more tolerance for frustration.
- (Saipan) People here don't have real careers; they have real lives.
- Love many, trust few, learn to paddle your own canoe. And I could probably now add that
it's best to be kinda selective about who you tell where you dock that canoe when you aren't using it.
There are folks out there who will take your canoe, paint their own name on it,
and try to sell it for a profit before you even notice it's missing.
Peter F. Drucker
- Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.
- Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden.
- Struggles and road blocks open our mind to creative ways to achieve our goals!
Phineas Taylor Barnum (1810 - 1891)
- Every crowd has a silver lining.
- There are two ways of meeting difficulties. You alter the difficulties or you alter yourself to meet them.
- A bachelor is a guy who never made the same mistake once.
- Any time three New Yorkers get into a cab without an argument, a bank has just been robbed.
- Best way to get rid of kitchen odours: Eat out.
- Burt Reynolds once asked me out. I was in his room.
- Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.
- His finest hour lasted a minute and a half.
- Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
- I admit, I have a tremendous sex drive. My boyfriend lives forty miles away.
- I asked the waiter, 'Is this milk fresh?' He said, 'Lady, three hours ago it was grass.'
- I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them.
- Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty... but everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out.
- Most children threaten at times to run away from home. This is the only thing that keeps some parents going.
- My photographs don't do me justice - they just look like me.
- Old age is when the liver spots show through your gloves.
- The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally poured gin in the steam iron.
- The reason the golf pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can't see him laughing.
- The reason women don't play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public.
- Tranquilizers work only if you follow the advice on the bottle-keep away from children.
- We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve years telling them to sit down and shut up.
- Whatever you may look like, marry a man your own age. As your beauty fades, so will his eyesight.
- What I don't like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day.
- You know you're old if they have discontinued your blood type.
Piero Milani (1964-)
- Why should I buy expensive art when I can make my own.
- To win without risk is to triumph without glory.
Plato (c.428-348 B.C.)
- Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
- It gives me great pleasure to converse with the aged. They have been over the road that all of us must travel
and know where it is rough and difficult, and where it is level and easy.
- One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed by your inferiors.
- Only the dead have seen the end of war.
- Poverty is not the diminishing of one's possessions, rather it is the increase of one's greed.
- The beginning is the most important part of the work.
- The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world.
- The true creator is necessity, which is the mother of invention.
- Tyranny naturally arises out of democracy.
- You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
- Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
- Mice die in Mouse traps because they do not understand how or why the cheese is free, That my friend is Socialism.
- The problems America faces today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living.
- The reason Politicians try so hard to get re-elected is that they would "hate" to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.
- A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul!
Will Rogers (1879-1935)
- A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country.
Texas Guinan, 19th century American businessman
- I contend that for a nation to try and tax itself into prosperity, is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
- I don't like political jokes, but a lot of them get elected!
I don't make jokes. I just watch the Government and report the facts!
Will Rogers (1879-1935)
- I have come to the conclusion that politics is too serious a matter to be left to the politicians.
Charles de Gaulle, French general & president
- I offered my opponents a deal: "if they stop telling lies about me, I will stop telling the truth about them".
Adlai Stevenson, campaign speech, 1952.
- Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks.
Doug Larson, English middle-distance runner who won gold medals at the 1924 Olympic Games
- Politicians are the same all over: they promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.
Nikita Khrushchev, Russian Soviet politician
- Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, go out and buy some more tunnel.
John Quinton, American actor/writer
- Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other.
Oscar Ameringer, "the Mark Twain of American Socialism."
- Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Government. But then I repeat myself.
Mark Twain (1835-1910)
- The problem we face today is that the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
- Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.
Plato, ancient Greek Philosopher
- We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.
Aesop, Greek slave & fable author
- What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution. What happens if all of them drown? That is solution !! I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are lawyers and three or more are the government.
John Adams (1735-1826)
- When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it.
Quoted in 'Clarence Darrow for the Defence' by Irving Stone.
- Those who do not fight evil hate those who do.
- Prayer: Dear God, All I ask for in 2011 is a big, fat bank account and a slim body…
please don’t mix these up like you did last year. Amen.
Ralph Sherbondy (1933-)
- The only thing I can count on nowadays are my fingers.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
- A great man is always willing to be little.
- A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.
- As long as a man stands in his own way, everything seems to be in his way.
- As we grow old, the beauty steals inward.
- Common sense is as rare as genius.
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years, how many would marvel and adore.
- It is a happy talent to know how to play.
- It is not length of life, but depth of life.
- Knowledge exists to be imparted.
- Money often costs too much.
- Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
- The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.
- The man who can make hard things easy is the educator.
- The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.
- There are three wants which never can be satisfied: that of the rich, who wants something more;
that of the sick, who wants something different; and that of the traveler, who says, Anywhere but here.
- To be great is to be misunderstood.
- To different minds, the same world is a hell and a heaven.
- To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty ... a picture which was never seen before, and which shall never be see again.
Ramona L. Anderson
- People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace.
They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill
the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is that the only place they ever needed to search was within.
- You can make yourself happy or miserable — it's the same amount of effort.
Reginald B. Mansell
- A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities;
an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.
- A four-year-old praying the Lord's Prayer:
And forgive us our trash baskets as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets.
- Always preach Christ, and use words if necessary.
- Definition of Sin: Something you do that you would not invite God into.
- Follow so close to your rabbi (Jesus) that you are covered with the dust from His feet.
- God never gives you a dream that matches your budget. He's not checking your bank account, He's checking your faith.
- How cool is it that the same God who created mountains, and oceans, and galaxies, looked at you and thought the world needed one of you too?
- If Satan's not attacking you, whose side are you on? Satan has very little trouble with those who do not believe in him; they are already on his side.
- Name it and claim it.
Blab it and Grab it.
Confess and Possess.
- Prayer isn't about moving God, it is about God moving in you.
- Prayer will become effective when we stop using it as a substitute for obedience. - A.W. Tozer
- The best mathematical equation I have ever seen: 1 Cross + 3 Nails = 4 given
- The great Christian is one who is small enough to let God be great in his life.
- The only list that matters at the end of your life is your scorecard with God.
- What if you woke up tomorrow and the only things you had were the things that you thanked God for yesterday?
- We must do all of the good we can and that will be what we have on our scorecard as we pass on. (Ross' friend)
René Descartes - (1596-1650)
- A state is better governed which has few laws, and those laws strictly observed.
- I think, therefore I am.
ReRequiem for a Nun
- The past is never dead. It’s not even past.
- Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.
Richard Bach - Author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull and Illusions
- The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life.
Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”
from Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah
Richard Lovelace - (1618 - 1657) English poet
- Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage.
from "To Althea. From Prison".
Richard Paul Evans
- Life's greatest philosophy is not handed down in stoic texts and dusty tomes, but lived, in each breath and act of human compassion.
- There are no mistakes in life, only lessons.
There is no such thing as a negative experience, only opportunities to grow, learn and advance along the road of self-mastery.
Roadside Church Sign
- Words can’t break bones, but they can break hearts.
Robert T. Allen
- It's more fun to throw a rock through a window than to put in a pane of glass.
- Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.
Robert Green Ingersoll
- One good schoolmaster is worth a thousand priests.
Robert H. Schuller (September 16, 1926 - April 2, 2015)
- I'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.
- Television Broadcast on November 3, 1985
PLANT THE SEED AND HARVEST THE CROP
Plant the attitude, and harvest the act.
Plant the act, and harvest the habit.
Plant the habit, and harvest the reputation.
Plant the reputation, and harvest the character.
Plant the character, and harvest the destiny.
- Tough times never last, but tough people do.
- What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
- Ah, yes, divorce . . . from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet.
Robbin Wynn (Dawn's Sister)
- Some fights aren’t worth winning. A bulldog can whoop a skunk, but it just ain’t worth it!
- Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.
- A girl phoned me and said, 'Come on over. There's nobody home.' I went over. Nobody was home!
- A hooker once told me she had a headache.
- If it weren't for pickpockets, I'd have no sex life at all.
- I knew a girl so ugly that she was known as a two bagger. That's when you put a bag over your head in case the bag over her head comes off.
- I knew a girl so ugly they use her in prisons to cure sex offenders.
- I know I'm not sexy. When I put my underwear on I can hear the Fruit-of the-Loom guys giggling.
- I'm so ugly I stuck my head out the window and got arrested for mooning.
- I never drink water. Fish do terrible things it.
- It's tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won't drink from my glass!
- I was making love to this girl and she started crying I=said, 'Are you going to hate yourself in the morning?' She said, 'No, I hate myself now.'
- I went to a massage parlor. It was self-service.
- Last night my wife met me at the front door. She was wearing a sexy negligee. The only trouble was, she was coming home.
- My wife is such a bad cook, if we leave dental floss in the kitchen the roaches hang themselves.
- My wife is such a bad cook, in my house we pray after the meal.
- My wife likes to talk on the phone during sex; she called me from Chicago last night.
- My wife only has sex with me for specific purposes ... last night she used me to time an egg.
- My wife's such a bad cook, the dog begs for Alka Seltzer.
- The other day I came home and a guy was jogging, naked. I asked him, 'Why?' He said, 'Because you came home early.'
- Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
- Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility
at the other.
- Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it.
If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
- Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.
- I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandment's would have looked like if Moses had run them through
the U.S. Congress.
- If all of this seems like a great deal of trouble, think what's at stake. We are faced with the most evil enemy mankind has known in his long climb from the swamp to the stars. There can be no security anywhere in the free world if there is no fiscal and economic stability within the United States. Those who ask us to trade our freedom for the soup kitchen of the welfare state are architects of a policy of accommodation. (Ronald Reagan, October 27, 1964 -- from his nationally televised speech, which he called "A Time for Choosing" but was later simply referred to as "The Speech," in support of candidate Barry Goldwater
- If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
- In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.
- It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession.
I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
- I've laid down the law, though, to everyone from now on about anything that happens:
no matter what time it is, wake me, even if it's in the middle of a Cabinet meeting.
- No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage
of free men and women.
- Of the four wars in my lifetime none came about because the U.S. was too strong.
- Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards,
if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book.
- Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don’t need it and hell where they already have it.
- Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem.
- The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
- The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.
- The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: "I’m from the government and I’m here to help."
- The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take
the civil service examination.
- The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant:
It's just that they know so much that isn't so.
- To paraphrase Winston Churchill, I did not take the oath I have just taken with the intention of presiding over the dissolution of the world's strongest economy.
- We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
- We should measure welfare’s success by how many people leave welfare, not by how many are added.
- You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. (1964)
Rosalynn Carter (1927 - )
- You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.
- Life is filled with good things when you fill your head with good decisions.
- Marriage is a wonderful institution for those who belong in an institution.
- Part of the fun is living on the edge. It pays to insure that you stay on the right side of the edge.
- Those of any religion or ethnicity who assimilate and contribute, enhance a nation. Those who do not assimilate and are parasitic destroy the country. The choice between preserving and destroying one's country is obvious - judge people by what they do when no one is watching = character. Embrace and encourage those who enhance America. We can create enough people with bad character without importing them.
- We are more limited by what we believe than what we don't know.
- You will know the level to which you are committed to something by the results of your actions.
- Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination.
Russ Howell - A's
Russ Howell - B's
- A great reality always starts with a great dream.
- A man is no better than that which he leaves behind.
I am grateful for all the friendships made through Skateboarding.
How we value our relationships determines our worth to others.
- A man may know all the secrets of the universe, but if he has not learned to handle his relationships with care, he knows nothing at all.
- A man's true wealth is never made up by the abundance of his possessions alone. The best treasures in Life are stored within our hearts.
- (2-11-2011) A man's true wealth is not found in what he acquires, but rather in what he becomes.
- A person's stature, in the eyes of God, is not measured by the distance of their head to the ground,
but rather the closeness of their heart to heaven.
- Any group of people will always fall below your lowest expectations, but even roses grow in dirt. It is impossible to categorize a group of people with definitive characteristics that apply to 100% of the group's population.
- (3-9-2013) Any person who insists on being right all the time will eventually be left.
- Anytime a society has the power to vote for its own entitlements, it will vote itself into eventual destruction.
- Any time you speak of something important, you can always expect someone to argue against you.
- (7-23-08) A realistic sensitivity to the pain of others can quickly sober a complaining tongue.
Russ Howell - C's
- Be A Warrior For Your Life (Graphic)
We were born into a world without limitations.
Our youth led us into new adventures.
Each trial filled with excitement and another story to tell,
We forged eagerly onward to write our next chapter.
The price which we purchased our experiences
Was sometimes paid with the currency of pain.
Chasing our youthful passions seemed worth the price
And we rarely complained when payment came due.
The addition of years gave new temptations
To not follow our passions and pay the price.
We became greedy to hold onto what we had
And lost the opportunity for what might have been.
Our deepest regrets transitioned from what we had done,
To what we never dared because of fear of failing.
Our passions began to whither within us
And our diminishing light invited darkness to come.
Raise your shield against the coming of darkness
Never lose sight of why the Gift of Life was given.
Strive to preserve the pursuits of your passions.
And fight hard to free the Life that screams within.
The temptation to surrender can be strong.
Logic would argue that inviting further pain is foolish.
Be brave and stand to face the threat of darkness.
Be a warrior for the light that shines within you.
- Being known by many strangers is not as important as being important to a few friends.
- Being rich in Life is not determined by how much we save ourselves, but how much we spend ourselves.
Russ Howell - D's
- Communication is more than just words. People don't remember what you give them, they remember how you make them feel.
There is more shared in the tone of a person's voice, than in the contents of their words.
- Consider how lions hunt their prey. They look for the weakest and slowest animal in the pack and chase it down and kill it. Prepare yourself in such a way as not to be the weakest in society, but to grow strong with knowledge and purpose.
- Control is the foundation of all conflict.
Russ Howell - E's
- Death is the final destination for all of us. I therefore refuse to adopt a hurried pace through any endeavor of life.
- Disappointment requires a foundation of expecation. I refuse to give it a platform to build on.
- Diversity can be a group's strength unless ignorance weakens the opportunity of understanding.
Russ Howell - F's
- Every tragedy will always offer opportunity.
- Everyone likes to buy stuff, but nobody likes to be sold what they don't want.
- Everything we are able to do is the result of a relationship between God' s gift of talent to us and our discipline to make that talent grow within us and bear fruit.
- Expectation is the foundation of frustration. Be realistic with your expectations and you will diminish your frustrations.
Russ Howell - H's
- Frustration is a function of time.
When we want or need something, the more time that expires, the more frustrated we become.
It is therfore important to develop a margin of frustration that we can expect.
Because expectation can lead to disappoinment.
- Frustraion: Keeping focused on a long-term goal helps keep emotions on track.
Frustration is a function of time; the more time that it takes to get what we want results in an increase of frustration.
Accepting the "Time" element as part of the process helps alleviate the frustraion.
Russ Howell - I's
- Have you ever considered what it means to be a "Pro"? Pro means to be "for" something, to elevate, promote, etc.. The opposite of "Pro" is "Con". A "Con. Is someone who acts contrary to what is best for a belief or cause. We are constantly exposed to "con artists" posing as "Pros". Choose who you support with intelligent discernment.
- History is an accumulation of lies told by the winners.
Russ Howell - J's
- I feel blessed to have experienced Heaven while still walking upon the Earth.
- I have often thought that people who get involved with politics do so to change others because they think it's too difficult to change themselves.
- I used to complain about having so many weeds in my yard, but a friend of mine shared with me that weeds were God's way of giving us excuse to spend more time in our gardens.
- I would hate to live as if everything I did was calculated according to wise logic
and I missed out on the benefits of foolish folly.
- If given the choice between winning and having fun; always choose fun.
- If I must spend the rest of my life with me, then I will strive to become the person I would want to spend that life with.
- If you are having fun in Life, it's probably because you chose to do so.
- If you are not inclined to work for your own welfare, then I will be inclined to allow you the benefit of your own lack of effort.
- If your voice does not improve upon the silence, then it is best to remain silent.
- Imagine a world where only positive, uplifting, motivating, encouraging, and inspirational thoughts and actions were shared.
Problems would be greeted as opportunities for problem-solving opportunities.
Each of us would take responsibility and use our ability to respond to all situations to grow personally.
The goal of having a Happy New Year is within our reach. (Jan 2021)
- It does a person no good to walk into a forest alone, unless upon his return, he can take another by his words alone.
- It is not uncommon to miss the youthful energy of your past, but don't allow those thoughts to keep you from embracing the opportunities of the future.
Russ Howell - K's
- Just as discipline is signified with "delayed gratification," pleasure is the delayed responsibility to immediate concerns.
Russ Howell - L's
- Keep your free spirit flying high. Let the others who are content to walk with their heads down do so at their
own loss. It's much better to look up and realize that Heaven constantly smiles down at you.
Russ Howell - M's
- Let no person who is not willing to lend hand to a task criticize the good work of another.
- Life is like a puzzle. Very rarely do you find something that fits perfectly.
- Life isn't complete until your friends put all your pieces together.
- L.I.F.E.= Living In Fearless Excitement (Graphic)
Russ Howell - N's
- Magic WAND = Will Always Negates Defeat
- Most people have a natural fear of failing. It is ironic that failing is one of the main ingredients of becoming successful at any endeavor.
Russ Howell - O's
- Never give advice to anyone. Wise people don't need it and fools won't listen to it.
- Never let your age convince you that being a kid is no longer an available option.
- No good story ever came about by playing it safe. Our deepest regrets come more from the things we didn't do rather than from what we dared.
Russ Howell - P's
- Once in a while you find someone who belongs to your spiritual family, even though they weren't born into your blood line.
- One of the principles of propaganda is to call your enemy what you are most guilty of. Hitler did it during World War II and people believed it. When they realized his lie, it was too late. People who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it.
- Our priorities are best shown by our actions and we mimick what we love most.
- Our happiness is not derived from circumstance;
we are ultimately responsible for our own happiness.
Most of us don't understand the word "responsibility" because it is written in reverse.
Responsibility = Response Ability = Ability to Respond.
Our happiness is determined more by how we respond to circumstances.
Russ Howell - R's
- Pain from doing nothing hurts much more than pain from doing something.
- Parents are the sacred ground upon which we build the foundation of our characters.
- People remember events much longer when there is emotion connected with them.
- Pleasure versus Funerals:
It is good to eat, drink, and be merry, but pleasure lasts for only a short season. It is much more profitable for a person to attend a funeral. For it is there they realize that Death is continually knocking at their door and it is time to get their life in order.
Russ Howell - S's
- Reading provides the building blocks by which we build our perspectives of the world around us.
- Religious Tolerance
You come to me speaking of a God distant from my own heart,
An entity unknown to me and very much apart.
You share your secrets that you faithfully know
But resist the testimony which I also show.
You have a good heart and also noble deeds
Why haven't you seen they also reside in me?
You speak of truth, honesty, integrity and heaven,
But I too know these as I am your bretheren.
Why do you doubt that God visits my mind?
Why can't you see we are both the same kind?
If I knocked upon your door to share treasured time
I would embrace you as a kindred brother of mine.
And speak as such as my God tells me to speak.
In humility of heart and mind with love to thee
And each conversation would proof be contained
That the God we both pray to is One and the same.
Russ Howell - T's
- Scars are nature's way of placing medals on our bodies to show others we weren't afraid to embrace Life even at the risk of personal sacrifice.
- Shortcuts are often times the longest road to success.
- Skateboarding continues to give us opportunities to do things nobody has ever done before. The emotional reward makes us more aware that our boundaries exist largely because of our imaginations.
- Skateboarding has always been a magical territory where an individual can walk without stepping
on the footprints of others. Individuals who rejected the control of typical organized sport
found sanctuary without the boundaries of predetermined coaching.
- Skateboarding: One of the most fun contests I ever skated was in the Dillon/Frisco area. I ended my routine crashing through a wall because I was laughing so hard. That's how I want to live the rest of my life.
- Some folks think you have to compete and win against a lot of people to become a champion. Strength is never about how many people you can push over; rather it how many people you can lift up.
Russ Howell - U's
- That which is not written is not heard.
- The athlete who wins a competition lifts himself to the top of the podium. The stronger man who serves the sport stands at the foundation and lifts everyone up.
- The Choice: Bring people together in peace, or separate them in conflict.
- The chores of a home are not finished for anyone until they are finished for everyone.
- The confines of the mind can never imagine the boundaries of the heart.
- The greatest distance between you and your goals is a shortcut in communication.
- The joys of today are largely founded upon the wise choices of yesterday
- The longest distance between two points of understanding in a conversation is a shortcut in communication.
- The memories of our lives come from what we were willing to experience. Each memory adds a new facet to the gem of Life which makes it sparkle.
- The mind cannot analyze the needs of the hearts. (Thought After a Budget Discussion)
- The person who refuses to learn what it means to be part of a family, may one day have to learn what it means to be apart from a family.
- The things we enjoy today are greatly affected by the decisions we made yesterday.
- There are many more dimensions to victory than winning alone.
- There are only two people who don't understand the English language; any two people.
- The roof of any house becomes more secure as more foundational posts offer support.
- The shortest pencil is always better than the longest memory.
- There is a physical difference between what we perceive as either a "stepping stone" or a "stumbling block"; that difference is six inches. This is the width of our minds which houses our attitudes and ultimately determines our response to circumstance.
- Those who have lived before us have seen things our eyes have yet to witness. The illusion of their physical weakness should never discount the strength they have to offer us through their daily testimony and personal decision to live strong.
- Today is the foundation for our tomorrows.
- To find those who tell the biggest lies, search for those who will make the biggest profits.
- Too much thought can slow down accomplishment.
Russ Howell - W's
- Unhappiness occurs when we live outside of the truth.
- We all possess the ability to paint the tapestry of our lives in a variety of ways that will express the contents of our hearts to others. The Art of Life is not a Talent, but rather comprised of Feelings. What Feelings Will You Share With Others?
- We can only know our limits by frequently testing them.
- We don't appreciate advice until we have made all the mistakes ourselves.
- (3-25-2018) We harvest our friends with the experiences of Life.
Some friends add blessings to our lives, others do not.
Some friends enter into our lives for a purpose, but their season is short and the relationship withers away.
We are also part of the Harvest of Life and need to be fruitful in the service of our friends.
Don't let your friendships wither due to lack of care.
Matthew 7:19 - "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire."
Luke 13:9 - "If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down."
- We prefer to consume foods that are fresh, tasteful and nourishing. That which is spoiled and leaves a bad taste in our mouths are discarded. So it is with our relationships.
- What good does it do to walk into a forest, unless upon your return, you can take another person with you
by your words alone.
- When a man contemplates sex with a woman, why is he so surprised when he gets screwed?
- When it comes to discipline with regards to diet, the only thing I can't resist is temptation.
- Who says Loss of Memory happens when you get old? My body remembers all the Fun Stuff I did and tells me about it everyday.
- Why is it that God speaks so clearly and yet so few people choose to listen? Nature alone leaves us no excuse.
- Words are the building blocks by which we build our perceptions of the Universe.
It is important to enlarge our vocabulary of words, and thoughts, in order to expand the horizons
of our understandings.
M. Russell Ballard
- Like those who were alive at the time of His mortal ministry,
there are some among us who look for physical peace and prosperity
as signs of the Savior's wondrous power.
We sometimes fail to understand that the everlasting peace
Jesus promises is an inner peace, born in faith, anchored by testimony,
nurtured with love, and expressed through continual obedience and repentance.
It is a peace of spirit that echoes through the heart and the soul.
If one truly knows and experiences this inner peace, there is no fear
from worldly disharmony or discord. One knows deep down inside that
all is well as far as the things that really matter are concerned.
- It's easier to tear a hole than to mend one.
- Everyone has a photographic memory, some of us just don't have any film.
- It does not take a majority to prevail...but rather an irate, tireless minority,
keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom,
go from us in peace. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!
- Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.
- The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards;
and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.
We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors:
they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood,
and transmitted them to us with care and diligence.
It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is,
if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle,
or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men.
- The right to freedom being the gift of Almighty God, it is not in the power of man to alienate.
“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
- All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it.
- It is better to live rich than to die rich.
- When someone does something well, applaud. You will make two people happy.
- Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
- A scar does not form on the dying. A scar means I survived. - Chris Cease
- A warrior is defined by his scars, not his medals. - Matshona Dhilwayo
- Behind every scar is a story of survival.
- Don't hide your scars. They make you who you are.
- Don't hide your scars. Wear them as proof that God heals.
- Every scar makes me who I am.
- From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says, "I survived."
- I will not play it safe! I want to experience the length, depth, and breadth of life. I'm not just here for the victories... I'm here for the scars. - Steve Maraboli
- Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.
- Scars are a reminder of a battle won.
- Scars are stories, history written on the body.
- Scars are tattoos with better stories.
- Scars mean you fought. Wrinkles mean you lived, Heartache means you loved. - Matshona Dhilwayo
- She wore her scars as her best attire. A stunning dress made of hellfire.
- The difficulties I've been through have left scars. But those scars do not define me - they remind me of how far I've come.
- The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. - Chinese Proverb
- The scars you share become lighthouses for other people who are headed to the same rocks you hit.
- There is no easy-road to success. You must learn how to move in the face of doubt, act in spite of uncertainty, and embrace the struggle. You're going to fail, it's part of life. But it's not your failures that will define you, it's how you choose to respond.
- We are not who we are in spite of our scars, but rather we are who we are because of our scars.
- We are not who we are in spite of our difficulties, we are who we are because of them.
- Wrinkles mean you laughed, grey hair means you cared and scars mean you lived!
- Your scars are someone else's signs of hope.
- Remember there is no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.
- This one step, choosing a goal and sticking to it, changes everything.
Senator Alan Simpson (Wyoming/Repuplican)
- Hatred corrodes the container it is carried in. (See Mark Twain also: "Anger is...")
- Those who travel the high road of humility in Washington are not bothered by heavy traffic.
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
- Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.
- Brevity is the soul of wit. (Hamlet - 2nd Act)
Shari R. Barr
- Expecting life to treat you well because you are a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.
Shelley Howell (1963-)
- Agree to disagree agreeably.
- Wars are not won by evacuation.
- Always have something to say. The man who has something to say and who is known never to speak unless he has, is sure to be listened to. - Dale Carnegie
- Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken. - Orson Scott Card
- Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact. - George Eliot, Impressions of Theophrastus Such
- Fine clothes may disguise, but silly words will disclose a fool. - Aesop, Aesop's Fables
- If I were to remain silent, I'd be guilty of complicity. - Albert Einstein (Complicity: The state of being involved with others in an illegal activity or wrongdoing.)
- If your voice does not improve upon the silence, then it is best to remain silent. - Russ Howell
- In times like the present, men should utter nothing for which they would not willingly be responsible through time and eternity. - Abraham Lincoln
- Never say anything that doesn't improve on silence. - Richard Yates, A Good School
- Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them. - Lou Holtz
- Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. - Benjamin Franklin
- Silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation. - Jalaluddin Rumi
- Speak only if it improves upon the silence. - Mahatma Gandhi
- Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret. - Ambrose Bierce
- The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause. - Mark Twain
- What's the use of complaining about something you have no intentions of changing it? - Mario L Castellanos
- Will people not be thrown face down into Hell only on account of the harvest of their tongue? - Anonymous
- You can quicker get back a million dollars that was stolen than a word that you gave away. - Arthur Miller, A View from the Bridge: A Play in Two Acts
- You should try not to talk so much, friend. You'll sound far less stupid that way. - Breeze - Brandon Sanderson, The Final Empire
Sir Francis Darwin (1848-1925)
- In science the credit goes to the man who convinces the world, not the man to whom the idea first occurs.
- When someone does something well, applaud. You will make two people happy.
- Beware the barrenness of a busy life.
- By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one,
you'll become a philosopher.
- He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.
- The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.
- The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.
- The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to be.
- The greatest griefs are those we cause ourselves.
Soren Kierkegaard - Danish philosopher (1813-1855)
- I see it all perfectly; there are two possible situations—one can either do this or that.
My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: do it or do not do it—you will regret both.
Paraphrased: There is regret attached to every decision we make.
- It is quite true what Philosophy says: that Life must be understood backwards.
But that makes one forget the other saying: that it must be lived—forwards.
The more one ponders this, the more it comes to mean that life in the temporal existence
never becomes quite intelligible, precisely because at no moment can I find complete quiet
to take the backward-looking position.
- Listen to the cry of a woman in labor at the hour of giving birth—look at the dying man's struggle
at his last extremity, and then tell me whether something that begins and ends thus
could be intended for enjoyment.
- There are, as is known, insects that die in the moment of fertilization.
So it is with all joy: life's highest, most splendid moment of enjoyment is accompanied by death.
- This is what is sad when one contemplates human life, that so many live out their lives in quiet lostness ...
they live, as it were, away from themselves and vanish like shadows. Their immortal souls are blown away,
and they are not disquieted by the question of its immortality, because they are already disintegrated
before they die.
Spartacus Vengeance Season Finale: Wrath Of The Gods
Words from Oenomaus
- A man is never too weak or wounded to fight if the cause is greater than his own life.
- Money can't buy you happiness... but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
- A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence.
- A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever.
- Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
- Always be the hardest worker in the room.
- * Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend perparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstraion of their championship character.
- Discipline is doing what needs to be done, even if you don't want to do it.
- Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.
- Don't be upset by the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do.
- Don't stop when you're tired, stop when you're done.
- Excuses will always be there for you, opportunity won't.
- Hit the wall harder than it hits you.
- I am going to succeed because I am crazy enough to think that I can.
- I am not a victim. No matter what I have been through, I'm still here. I have a history of victory.
- I wanted to marry my dreams. So I cheated on fear and broke up with my doubt.
- If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you.
- If you don't fall, how are you going to know what getting up is like?
- If you want something you've never had, then you've got to do something you've never done.
- Imagine with all your mind. Believe with all your heart. Achieve with all your might.
- It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things. (Leonardo da Vinci)
- It is not the size of a man but the size of his heart that matters. (Evander Holyfield)
- It never gets easier, you just get better.
- It's difficult to follow your dream. It's a tragedy not to.
- It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I beleved in myself. (Mohammed Ali)
- It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs.
- I've failed over and over and over again in my life .... That's why I succeed (Michael Jordan)
- * Most people don't want to be part of the process. They just want to be part of the outcome. But the process is where you figure out who's worth being part of the outcome.
- My only talent is that I just don't quit.
- Never hope for it more than you work for it.
- Never stop doing your best just because someone doesn't give you credit.
- Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. (Michael Jordan)
- One man practicing sportmanship is far better than 50 preaching it. (Knute Rockne)
- Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
- Perseverance is stubborness with a purpose.
- Sometimes on the way to a dream you get lost and find a better one.
- Stop calling it a dream. It's time to call it a plan.
- Strength does not come from external performance, strength comes from internal belief. (Douvett Quince)
- Strength doesn't come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you thought you once couldn't.
- Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. (Pele)
- Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. (Winston Churchill)
- The best project you'll ever work on is you.
- The habit of persistence is the habit of victory.
- The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.
- * The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.
- The only way to prove that you're a good sport is to lose. (Ernie Banks)
- The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.
- The truth is, most people don't ever start because they don't want to be seen starting at the bottom. Don't be most people.
- There are only two options: make progress or make excuses.
- There may be people that have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
- Think training's hard? Try losing.
- Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. (Jerry Rice)
- Victory belongs to the most perservering.
- When the why is clear, the how is easy.
- When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.
- You are your only limit.
- You did not come this far to walk away without the victory.
- You don't get what you wish for. You get what you work for.
- You get what you focus on, so focus on what you want.
- You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. (Wayne Gretzky)
- You will never always be motivated, so you must learn to be disciplined.
- You will never know your limits unless you push yourself to them.
- Your most valuable asset can be your willingness to persist longer than anyone else.
- All life is the play of universal forces.
The individual gives a personal form to these universal forces.
But he can choose whether he shall respond or not to the action of a particular force.
Only most people do not really choose - they indulge the play of the forces.
Your illness, depressions etc. are the repeated play of such forces.
It is only when you can make oneself free of them that one can be the true person and have a true life -
but one can be free only by living in the Divine. (Source: The Essential Aurobindo: Writings of Sri Aurobindo, Pages: 163 - XXII p. 318)
St. Bernard of Clairvaux
- Some seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge: that is curiosity;
Others seek knowledge that they may themselves be known: that is vanity;
But there are still others who seek knowledge in order to serve and edify others, and that is charity.
- To believe with certainty, we must begin with doubting.
Stephen M.R. Covey
- #1: We judge others by their action and we judge ourselves by our intentions.
- #2: We judge ourselves by our intentions and others by their behaviour.
The SPEED of Trust: The One Thing that Changes Everything
- Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your inner voice.
- Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.
- Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
- Ballerinas are always on their toes. Why don't they just get taller ballerinas?
- Did Washington just flash a quarter for his ID?
- For my birthday I got a humidifier and a dehumidifier. I put them in the same room and let them fight it out.
- He's in a minimum security prison now; he's on a whiffle-ball and chain.
- Hermits have no peer pressure.
- How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't live there?
- I accidentally installed the deer whistles on my car backwards.
Now everywhere I go, I'm chased by a herd of deer.
- I bought a house on a one-way dead-end road. I don't know how I got there.
- I bought some batteries, but they weren't included. So I had to buy them again.
- I bought some powdered water, but I didn't know what to add.
- I got my driver's license photo taken out of focus on purpose. Now when I get pulled over the cop looks at it (moving it nearer and farther, trying to see it clearly)... and says, "Here, you can go."
- I got stopped by a cop the other day. He said, "Why'd you run that stop sign?" I said, "Because I don't believe everything I read."
- I have a hobby. I have the world's largest collection of sea shells. I keep it scattered on beaches all over the world. Maybe you've seen some of it.
- I have a switch in my apartment that doesn't do anything. Every once in a while I turn it on and off. One day I got a call from a guy in France who said, "Cut it out!"
- I have an answering machine in my car. It says, "I'm home now, but leave a message and I'll call when I'm out."
- I just got skylights put in my place. The people who live above me are furious.
- I make my own water - two glasses of H, one glass of O.
- I put contact lenses in my dog's eyes. They had little pictures of cats on them. Then I took one out and he ran around in circles.
- I put instant coffee in a microwave and almost went back in time.
- I remember when the candle shop burned down. Everyone stood around singing "Happy Birthday".
- I replaced the headlights on my car with strobe lights. Now it looks like I'm the only one moving.
- I spilled Spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.
- I stayed in a really old hotel last night. They sent me a wakeup letter.
- I turned my air conditioner the other way around, and it got cold out. The weatherman said, "I don't understand it. It was supposed to be 80 degrees out today." I said "Oops . . ."
- I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place.
- I went for a walk last night and she asked me how long I was going to be gone. I said, "The whole time."
- I went to a general store, but they wouldn't let me buy anything specific.
- I wrote a song, but I can't read music. Every time I hear a new song on the radio, I think "Hey, maybe I wrote that."
- I Xeroxed a mirror. Now I have an extra Xerox machine.
- I'm a peripheral visionary.
- I'm taking La maze classes. I'm not having a baby, I'm just having trouble breathing.
- Imagine if birds were tickled by feathers.
- It doesn't matter what temperature a room is, it's always room temperature.
- Last week, I forgot how to ride a bicycle.
- Last week, I went to a furniture store to look for a decaffeinated coffee table. They couldn't help me.
- My buddy got busted for counterfeiting. He was making pennies.
They caught him because he was putting the heads and tails on the wrong sides.
- My girlfriend's weird. One day she asked me, "If you could know how and when you were going to die, would you want to know?" I said, "No." She said, "Okay, forget it."
- My neighbor has a circular driveway. He can't get out.
- My school colors were clear.
- The other day, I went to a tourist information booth and asked, "Tell me about some of the people who were here last year."
- There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
- What's another word for "thesaurus"?
- When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get a great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how many people ask if I'm leaving.
- When I was a kid, we had a quicksand box in the backyard. I was an only child . . . eventually.
- When I was in high school, I got in trouble with my girlfriend's Dad. He said, "I want my daughter back by 8:15." I said, "The middle of August? Cool!"
- Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.
- Why in a country of free speech, are there phone bills?
- Yesterday, my eyeglass prescription ran out.
- A strong person knows they have strength enough for the journey, but a person of strength knows it is in the journey where they will become strong.
- Always remember, if you have been diagnosed with PTSD, it is not a sign of weakness; rather, it is proof of your strength because you have survived.
- A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.
- A truly stong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies. - Mother Teresa
- Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.
- Be strong, you never know who you are inspiring.
- Bible - 2nd Samuel 22:33 - God is my strength and power.
- Bible - Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong aqnd of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.
- Bible - Philippians 4:13 - For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
- Courage isn't having the strength to go on - it is going on when you don't have strength.
- Don't Quit. You're already in pain. You're already hurt. Get a reward from it.
- Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to enure a difficult one. - Bruce Lee
- Everything you need is within you, the strength, courage and confidence to change your life. You just need to look within yourself and find it. - Amanda Ray
- Grow through what you go through.
- Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny. - C.S. Lewis
- I believe my past is my strength. - Michel Martelly
- I choose ... to live by choice, not by chance; to make changes, not excuses; to be motivated, not manipulated, to be useful, not used; to excel, not to compete; choose self-esteem, not self pity; choose to listen to my inner voice, not the random opinion of others.
- I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
- In the end, some of your greatest pain becomes your greatest strength.
- It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.
- It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. - Edmund Hillary
- Keep your head up. God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers.
- Sometimes it takes an overwhelming breakdown to have an undeniable breakthrough.
- Sometimes you don't realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.
- Storms make trees take deeper roots.
- Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.
- Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.
- Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you thought you couldn't.
- Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.
- Strength is born in the deep silence of long-suffering hearts.
- Strength is gained in the range it is trained. - Charles Poliquin
- Strength lies in differences, not in similarities. - Stephen R. Covey
- Successful people are not gifted; they just Work Hard, then Succeed on Purpose.
- That which does not kill us makes us stronger. - Friedrich Nietzsche
- The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.
- The strength of a Family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other. - Mario Puzo
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. - Ernest Hemingway
- WAND: Will Always Negates Defeat
- We don't grow when things are easy. We grow when we face challenges.
- What hurts you today, makes you stronger tomorrow.
- Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.
- Without struggle, there is no progress.
- You have been assigned this mountain to show others it can be moved.
- You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
- You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have.
Sun Tzu (~400BC) - The Art Of War
- If you are near the enemy, make him believe you are far from him.
If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near.
- So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.
- The best victory is when the opponent surrenders of its own accord before there are any actual hostilities...
It is best to win without fighting.
- Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first
and then seek to win.
- War is based on deception.
SVU - Kelli Giddish (Amanda Rollins) - March 13, 2018 @ 4pm
- You're only as sick as your secrets.
Sydney J. Harris
- When I hear someone sigh "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, 'Compared to what?
- The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates.
- You can educate a fool, but you cannot make him think.
- Pessimists calculate the odds. Optimists believe that they can overcome them.
- The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else." - Theodore Roosevelt, 1918
- When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty'.
- Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. (Used in the movie TransSiberia 2008)
- Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good.
- Fence Test: If you build a fence, which way are the people climbing over it?
- Flag Test: If you are stranded in the middle of nowhere and you see a flag coming over the horizon, whose flag do you hope that it is.
- To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible".
- Victory has a hundred fathers, but defeat is an orphan.
- Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.
- Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.
- I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
- I know this world is ruled by infinite intelligence. Everything that surrounds us- everything that exists -
proves that there are infinite laws behind it. There can be no denying this fact.
It is mathematical in its precision.
- Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
- Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work!
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas Fuller - 1608-1661
- Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee.
Thomas L. Holdcroft
- Life is a grindstone, whether it polishes you, or wears you down; it depends on what you're made of.
- A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!
- Every horse thinks its own pack heaviest.
- Gratitude is the least of the virtues, but ingratitude is the worst of vices.
- More belongs to marriage than four legs in a bed.
- No better armor against the darts of death than to be busied in God's service.
- No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy.
- Virtue is the only true nobility.
- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
- A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and all that is necessary to close the circle of our felicities.
- Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.
- I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.
- I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
- I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.
- It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
- My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!
- My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
- Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
- No Freeman shall be debarred the use of arms in his own lands or tenements.
The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, ... or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of the press.
Letter to Major John Cartwright (5 June 1824).
- Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal. Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
- Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.
- Rightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our will, within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others.
- Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?
- The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then.
- The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
- The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Those that give up their freedom for security deserve neither.
- Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.
- To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
- When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
- When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.
- When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe.
Thomas A. Kempis
- The Devil does not sleep, nor is the flesh yet dead; therefore, you must never cease your preparation for battle, because on the right and the left are enemies who never rest.
Thomas McTeer - Facebook Skater Over 50
- The problem with being a single, never married skater that's 54, is your dating pool consists of possible Great Grandmothers. That messes my mind up when I skate.
- To be grateful is to recognize the love of God in everything He has given us and He has given us everything.
Every breath we draw is a gift of His love.
- If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
- That which we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly. It is dearness only which gives everything its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price on its goods.
- What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly.
Dr. Thomas Sowell (Born June 30, 1930
American economist, social theorist, political philosopher, and author.)
Bailing out people who made ill-advised mortgages makes no more sense that bailing out people who lost their life savings in Las Vegas casinos.
Can you cite one speck of hard evidence of the benefits of "diversity" that we have heard gushed about for years? Evidence of its harm can be seen — written in blood — from Iraq to India, from Serbia to Sudan, from Fiji to the Philippines. It is scary how easily so many people can be brainwashed by sheer repetition of a word.
Competition does a much more effective job than government at protecting consumers.
Despite a voluminous and often fervent literature on "income distribution," the cold fact is that most income is not distributed: It is earned.
Elections should be held on April 16th -- the day after we pay our income taxes. That is one of the few things that might discourage politicians from being big spenders.
Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.
I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
If politicians stopped meddling with things they don't understand, there would be a more drastic reduction in the size of government than anyone in either party advocates.
If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago, and a racist today.
If you have been voting for politicians who promise to give you goodies at someone else's expense, then you have no right to complain when they take your money and give it to someone else, including themselves.
Intellect is not wisdom.
It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, and medication somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors, hospitals, medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it.
It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.
It’s amazing how much panic one honest man can spread among a multitude of hypocrites.
Liberals seem to assume that, if you don't believe in their particular political solutions, then you don't really care about the people that they claim to want to help.
Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.
Nothing that Germans can do today will in any way mitigate the staggering evils of what Hitler did in the past. Nor can apologies in America today for slavery in the past have any meaning, much less do any good, for either blacks or whites today. What can it mean for A to apologize for what B did, even among contemporaries, much less across the vast chasm between the living and the dead?
One of the consequences of such notions as ‘entitlements’ is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.
People who pride themselves on their "complexity" and deride others for being "simplistic" should realize that the truth is often not very complicated. What gets complex is evading the truth.
Politics allows people to vote for the impossible, which may be one reason why politicians are often more popular than economists, who keep reminding people that there is no free lunch and that there are no 'solutions' but only trade-offs.
Racism does not have a good track record. It's been tried out for a long time and you'd think by now we'd want to put an end to it instead of putting it under new management.
Rhetoric is no substitute for reality.
Since this is an era when many people are concerned about 'fairness' and 'social justice,' what is your 'fair share' of what someone else has worked for?
Slavery has existed all over the planet for thousands of years with black, white, yellow and other races being both slaves and enslavers. Does that mean that everybody ought to apologize to everybody else for what their ancestors did? Or are the only people who are supposed to feel guilty the ones who have money that others want to talk them out of?
Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it.
Socialism is a wonderful idea. It is only as a reality that it has been disastrous. Among people of every race, color, and creed, all around the world, socialism has led to hunger in countries that used to have surplus food to export.... Nevertheless, for many of those who deal primarily in ideas, socialism remains an attractive idea -- in fact, seductive. Its every failure is explained away as due to the inadequacies of particular leaders.
Some of the biggest cases of mistaken identity are among intellectuals who have trouble remembering that they are not God.
The fact that the market is not doing what we wish it would do is no reason to automatically assume that the government would do better.
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.
The most basic question is not what is best, but who shall decide what is best.
The past becomes our future when we refuse to learn from it.
The problem isn't that Johnny can't read. The problem isn't even that Johnny can't think. The problem is that Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling.
There are no solutions. There are only trade-offs.
There are only two ways of telling the complete truth--anonymously and posthumously.
Unfortunately, the real minimum wage is always zero, regardless of the laws, and that is the wage that many workers receive in the wake of the creation or escalation of a government-mandated minimum wage, because they lose their jobs or fail to find jobs when they enter the labor force. Making it illegal to pay less than a given amount does not make a worker’s productivity worth that amount—and, if it is not, that worker is unlikely to be employed.
Virtually no idea is too ridiculous to be accepted, even by very intelligent and highly educated people, if it provides a way for them to feel special and important. Some confuse that feeling with idealism.
What is history but the story of how politicians have squandered the blood and treasure of the human race?
What sense would it make to classify a man as handicapped because he is in a wheelchair today, if he is expected to be walking again in a month, and competing in track meets before the year is out? Yet Americans are generally given 'class' labels on the basis of their transient location in the income stream. If most Americans do not stay in the same broad income bracket for even a decade, their repeatedly changing 'class' makes class itself a nebulous concept. Yet the intelligentsia are habituated, if not addicted, to seeing the world in class terms.
When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.
- Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength. No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that's our real disaster.
- Identify your problems but give your power and energy to solutions.
- At any moment, the decision you make can change the course of your life forever.
Two & A Half Men - TV Show - Mrs. Harper
- God gives us children so death won't come as such a disappointment.
Darkened Letters Represent "No Quotes Listed"
- A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.
- A good funeral gets the dead where they need to go, and the living where they need to be.
- A Liberal is a person who will give away everything he doesn't own.
- A man is not known by what he says, but rather by what he does. (Batman Movie)
- A man's true worth is not found in what he acquires, but rather in who he becomes.
- A memory is a photograph taken from the heart.
- A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves!
- A person remains immature, whatever his age, as long as he thinks of himself as an exception to the human race.
- A person who pursues goodness ends up with greatness. A person who pursues greatness ends up in ruin.
- A pilot's job is hours of boredom interspersed with moments of sheer terror.
- Ah, being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.
- All I ask for is an opportunity to prove that money doesn't buy happiness.
- All I want is a little more than I have now.
- All the happiness you ever find lies in you.
- All work and no play make Jack a dull fellow.
The entirety of labors plus the absence of folly construct Jack into a hebetudinous companion.
- An empty vessel makes the most sound.
- An endurance test for some people is the pursuit of happiness.
- An eye for an eye soon leaves the whole world blind.
- Anyone can hit bottom. But the true test is--how far can you bounce back up?
- Anything not worth doing is not worth doing well.
- Anytime a society has the power to vote for its own entitlements, it will vote itself into eventual destruction.
- A realistic sensitivity to the pain of others can quickly sober a complaining tongue. (7-23-08)
- A ship is safe in the harbor, but that is not what ship's are made for.
- A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
- Be careful who you trust. Salt and sugar look the same.
- Be debt free and the universe will conspire to keep you that way.
- Be nice to people on your way up because you might meet 'em on your way down.
- Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those that matter don't mind.
And those that mind don't matter.
- Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
- Be selective in your battles, for sometimes peace is better than being right.
- Behind an able man, there are always other able men.
- Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have.
- Control is the foundation of all conflict.
- Criticism should always leave people with the feeling that they have been helped.
- Death is the final destination for all of us. I therefore refuse to adopt a hurried pace
through any endeavor of Life.
- Depression is anger internalized.
- Did you ever wonder why women are called the "Opposite Sex?"
It's because Men like sex and women like the opposite.
- Disappointment requires a foundation of expecation. I refuse to give it a platform to build on.
- Do not be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try.
- Don't ask God to guide your steps if you're not willing to move your feet.
- Don't let fear keep you from enjoying Life.
- Don't mention a person's past mistakes when they are trying to change. That's like throwing rocks at them while they are struggling to climb a mountain.
- Don't speak unless you can improve on the silence.
- Do you have to be young and stupid before you can become old and wise?
- Enjoy the little things in Life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
- Eventually, all of us must give up any hope of having a better past.
- Eventually we all choose which side we're on. Like a Tug-of-War,
it doesn't matter how important our position is, but rather which way we are pulling.
- Every decent man should be ashamed of the government he lives under.
- Every excess becomes a vice..
- Every horse believes his pack is the heaviest.
- Every thing in Life is about balance.
- Every tragedy will always offer opportunity.
- Everyone wants to be great until it's time to do what greatness requires.
- Faith is not about everything turning out OK. Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
- For every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness.
- Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.
- Friends are the family which we choose for ourselves.
- Gather the crumbs of happiness and they will make you a loaf of contentment.
- God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
- Grief never ends ... but it changes. It's a passage, not a place to stay.
Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith ... It is the price of love.
- Happiness is a journey not a place.
- Happiness is like jam. You can't spread even a little without getting some on yourself.
- Have you ever noticed how some people would rather stop speaking to you instead of apologizing for their behavior?
- Heaven has a wall, a gate and a strict immigration policy. Hell has open borders. Let that sink in.
- How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
- I can't adult today.
- I could be a really good liar if I tried, and that's why I don't lie.
- I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
- I don't want to walk around dead to save funeral expenses.
- I told you a million times, do not exaggerate. (Rik from the Young Ones TV Show)
- I wouldn't take a million dollars for one of my kids, and I wouldn't give you a penny for another one.
- I told you a million times, do not exaggerate. (Rik from the Young Ones TV Show)
- If ambition is the path to success, persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
- If it is important to you, you will find a way. If it is not important to you, you will find an excuse.
- If you are constantly complaining that Life is a cup that is half empty, then get a smaller cup and stop complaining.
- If you are not striving to get ahead, you are falling behind.
- If you are not striving to get ahead, you are falling behind.
- If you are searching for that one person that will change your life, look in the mirror.
- If you can't do anything about it, then let it go. Don't be a prisoner to things you can't change.
- If you could erase all the mistakes of your past, you would also erase all the wisdom of your present. Remember the lesson, not the disappointment.
- If you don't get it up front, you will get in in the rear.
- If you look at what you do not have in life, you don't have anything.
If you look at what you have in life, you have everything.
- If you want to claim the victory, you need to show up for the battle.
- If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist, you'll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot.
- If you think it is your alarm clock that woke you up this morning, try putting it beside a dead body and you will realize that it is the Grace of God that woke you up.
- If you're searching for that one person that will change your life, take a look in the mirror.
- If your voice does not improve upon the silence, then it is best to remain silent.
- In seeking happiness for others, you find it for yourself.
- In the end, it will be OK. If it is not OK, it's not the end.
- It doesn't matter if you can quote the Bible, if you live like you've never opened it.
- It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
- It is often easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
- It is unwise to tell a man that something is impossible while watching him do it.
- I would hate to live as if everything I did was calculated according to wise logic
and I missed out on the benefits of foolish folly.
- If my voice cannot improve upon the silence, then I will remain silent.
- It is inevitable to fail. It is a decision to get back up.
- It is not that your request is unimportant to me, but acting upon important issues takes more time
than unimportant issues. Complaint slows the process of action
and the result is like hanging from a cabel suspended high above the ground.
It may be a matter of life and death, but I can only hang on for a given amount of time.
- It’s not important to hold all the good cards in life, but it’s important how well you play with the cards you hold.
- Let no person who is unwilling to lend a hand to a task criticize the good work of another.
- Life is an unanswered question, but let's still believe in the dignity and importance of the question.
- Life is like a game of tennis. The player who serves well seldom loses.
- Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly screaming:
"Wow..what a ride!!!
- Life is not about finding the right person, but creating the right relationship. It's not how we care in the beginning, but how much we care till the very end.
- Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably,
And never regret anything that made you smile.
- Life is short, don't be lazy.
- Life is Tough. Get a Helmet!
- Life may not be the party we hoped for... But while we are here we might as well dance!
- Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft........
Today, it's called Golf.
- Love isn't put in your heart to stay, love isn't love until you give it away.
- Love people and use things - Not love things and use people.
- Love talked about is easily ignored, but love demonstrated is irresistible. (Billy Graham book - Page 37)
- Luck is when opportunity meets preparation.
- Many a false step is made standing still.
- Many hands make light work.
- Music is what feelings sound like.
- Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyways.
- Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car
that you are still paying for, in order to get the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car
and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
- Not all who wander are lost.
- Nothing in the world is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
- Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
- Obamanomics: Penalize the productivity and reward failure.
- Of all the paths you choose in life, make sure some of them are dirt. (Arizonz Outback Adventures)
- Often when we lose all hope & think this is the end, remember God and pray, it’s just a bend, not the end.
- One of the basic differences between God and humans is, God gives and forgives. But the human gets and forgets.
- One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it is such a nice change from being young.
- Only dead fish go with the flow.
- Opportunity makes itself available only to those who show up for it.
- Optimist: A man who gets treed by a lion, but still enjoys the scenery.
- Our deepest regrets come more from the things we did not do rather than from the things we dared.
- Pain is the price we pay for our pleasures.
- Passion can never purchase what true love desires: true intimacy, self-giving, and commitment.
- Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when every body stands around reloading.
- People don't change their lives because of what they know. People change because of what they feel.
- People don't really care about how much you know, until they know how much you care.
- People will not always remember what you said, People will not always remember what you did, But people will always remember how you made them feel.
- People will forget what you said; People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Politics: Poly = many, and tics are blood sucking parasites. It appears to be fairly accurate doesn't it?
- Reality is shared hallucination.
- Remember: The book would be called "Automatic" if you could understand it. That is why it is called "Manual.
- Search for a good heart, but don't search for a beautiful face, because beautiful things are not always good, but good things are always beautiful.
- Sex is like snow - you never know how many inches you'll get or how long it will last.
- Society is judged by how it treats it's least fortunate amongst them.
- Some minds are like concrete; thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
- Some of our best memories come from our worst experiences.
- Some people always throw stones in your path. It depends on what you make with them; a Wall or a Bridge? - Remember you are the architect of your life.
- Success - SMART: (S) Specific, (M) Measurable, (A)Attainable, (R) Realistic, (T) Time-Based
- Take a day this month to turn off the cell phone, the pager and all thoughts of your working life.
Wake up with the enthusiasm of a child and play hard until the sun goes down.
- Teaching - Not in it for the income, but for the outcome.
- That which you invest in, you can withdraw from.
- The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
- The best mathematical equation I have ever seen: 1 Cross + 3 Nails = 4 given
- The blood of the bond is thicker than the water of the womb.
- The cardiologist's diet: If it tastes good spit it out.
- The chores of a home are not finished for anyone until they are finished for everyone.
- The confines of the mind can never imagine the boundaries of the heart.
- The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:
the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.
- The door to opportunity is marked, 'PUSH'
- The essential sadness is to go through life without loving.
But it would be almost equally sad to go through life and leave this world without ever telling
those you loved that you had loved them.
- The Indian scalps his enemy, but the white man skins his friend.
- The joys of today are largely founded upon the wise choices of yesterday.
- The opposite of Play is not Work, it's Depression.
- The phrase "Common Sense" should nowadays be changed to "Super Powers.
- The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
- The price of love is pain.
God sends the heaviest crosses to those He calls His own,
And the bitterest drops of the chalice are reserved for His friends alone.
But the blood red drops are precious, and the crosses are all gain,
For Joy is bought with Sacrifice, and the price of love is Pain.
Also: If the price of love is pain, please torture me some more!
Also: All meetings end in partings.
Also: The more you love someone the more you will suffer in that love one way or another.
- The price of success is much lower than the price of failure.
- The reason people find it so hard to be happy- is they see the past better than it was and the present worse then it is.
- The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.
- The road to success is not straight. There is a curve called failure, a loop called confusion,
speed bumps called friends, red lights called skeptics, caution lights called family
and a flat tire called a job. But, if you have a spare tire called deter...mination,
an engine called perseverance, insurance called faith and a driver called Jesus,
you will make it to the place of success.
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
- The strength of the pack lies with its leader, and the strength of the leader lies with its pack.
- The sun always rises, even if the clouds may hide it's rays.
- The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.
- The true creator is necessity, which is the mother of invention.
- The way to keep a trail alive is to walk upon it.
- There are four things that you cannot recover in life:
(1) The Stone............after it's thrown,
(2) The Word............after it's said,
(3) The Occasion.......after it's missed, and
(4) The Time.............after it's gone.
- There are many more dimensions to victory than winning alone.
- There is a difference between happy people and cheerful people; happy people have few worries,
cheerful people have many cares and worries, but remain cheerful in spite of them.
- There is something wrong with your character when opportunity controls your loyalty.
- There is a wonderful, mystical law of nature that the three things that we crave most in life--happiness,
freedom and peace of mind--are always attained by giving them to someone else.
- There is no wisdom greater than kindness.
- The sun always rises, even if clouds may hide its rays.
- The three emotions that adversely affect happiness:
- Worry - is future events Which may or may not happen.
- Self Pity - present events. Example: feeling sorry for oneself with life's situation.
- Complaining - is about past events which you can probably NOT change.
- They call it a family tree because, if you look hard enough, you'll always find some sap in it.
- Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.
- Three Ways To Fail At Everything In Life:
1. Complain about everything.
2. Blame others for your problems.
3. Never be grateful.
- Time is not something we should take, it is something we should make.
- Tolerance is the last virtue of a completely corrupt society.
Tolerance is the last virtue of a dying nation.
- Too many generals are taking orders from their privates. (General David Petraeus November infidelity scandal)
- Too much thought can slow down accomplishment.
- True talent is humble, because true talent is grateful.
- War is when your government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.
- We are all three people. (1) We are who we think we are. (2) We are who others think we are. and (3) We are who we truly are. Rarely, if ever, are all three in alignment.
- We don't appreciate advice until we have made all the mistakes ourselves.
- We judge others by their actions and we judge ourselves by our intentions.
- We never have to repent for having eaten too little.
- Well behaved women seldom make history.
- What good does it do to walk into a forest, unless upon your return, you can take another person with you
by your words alone.
- Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater.
If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.
If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.
So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit.
Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
- When all is said and done, usually a lot is said and very little is done.
- When I die, I want to die like my grandmother who died peacefully in her sleep.
Not screaming like all the passengers in her car.
- When life passes before your eyes, make sure it's fun to watch.
Also: When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure you've got plenty to watch. (Advertisement for the MGM Grand Hotel)
- When you give up on that which you love, that which you love will be taken away.
- When you're going through difficulty and wonder where God is, remember the Teacher is always quiet during the test.
- Why does power, when bestowed on a person, so often change them?
- Worry is an old man with a bent head, carrying a load of feathers he thinks is lead.
- You are always one decision away from a totally different life.
- You are either the person in the relationship who believes food has gone bad or the person who doesn't believe expiration dates are real.
- You are one decision away from changing your life forever.
- You are never too old to gain wisdom or act like a fool.
- You are the average of the two people you surrround yourself with.
- You can afford to lose more good deals than you can afford to make bad ones.
- You can't control everything that happens to you, but you can control how you respond to it.
- You can't make the same mistake twice; the second time you do it is a choice.
- You know what you are committed to by the results.
- You know you are getting old, when everything either dries up, or leaks.
- You look like menopause hit you hard, and then dragged you another 50 yards.
- You should only speak if you can improve upon the silence.
- Your best teacher is your last mistake.
- Your breath is so bad that I don't know whether to give you gum or toilet paper.
- You will spend a lifetime learning how to live a lifetime.
- You're best stories will come from your struggles. The seeds of your successes are in your failures. Your praises will be birthed from your pains. Keep standing. I have never seen a storm last forever. Seasons change.
Thoughts On Marriage
- A foolish husband says to his wife, "Honey, you stick to the washin', ironin', cookin', and scrubbin'. No wife of mine is gonna work."
- A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong. - Milton Berle
- A man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished. - Zsa Zsa Gabor
- A wife is someone who'll stand by you through all the trouble you wouldn't have had if you'd stayed single.
- According to a new survey, women say they feel more comfortable undressing in front of men than they do undressing in front of other women. They say that women are too judgmental, where, of course, men are just grateful.
- Ah, yes, divorce, from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet. - Robin Williams
- Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law.
- Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same. - Oscar Wilde
- Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is. - Barbara Bush (Former US First Lady)
- Do you know what it means to come home at night to a woman who'll give you a little love, a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you're in the wrong house, that's what it means. - George Burns
- Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close knit family in another city. - George Burns
- How are women like a hurricane? They come in wet and wild and when they leave, they take your house and car.
- I have had a month of wedded bliss. Problem is that I have been married for 20 years.
- I never knew what happiness was until I got married. Then it was too late.
- I recently read that love is entirely a matter of chemistry. That must be why my wife treats me like toxic waste. - David Bissonette
- I think, therefore I'm single.
- If a man has enough horse sense to treat his wife like a thoroughbred, she will never turn into an old nag.
- If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?
- In my house I'm the boss, my wife is just the decision maker.
- It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married. - George Burns
- It's been so long since I've had sex, I've forgotten who ties up whom . - Joan Rivers
- I've had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me and the second one didn't. - Patrick Murray
- Love is temporary insanity curable by marriage. - Ambrose Bierce
- Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener!
- Many girls like to marry a military man - he can cook, sew, and make beds, and is in good health, and he's already used to taking orders.
- Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.
- Marriage is not a word; it is a sentence.
- Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of person your spouse would have really preferred.
- Marriage is where one person is always right and the other person is the husband.
- Men always have the last word, and it's "Yes, Dear."
- Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. - Albert Einstein
- My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch. - Jack Nicholson
- My wife and I were happy for 20 years - then we met. - Rodney Dangerfield
- My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe. - Jimmy Durante
- On anniversaries, the wise husband always forgets the past - but never the present.
- See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis and only enough blood to run one at a time. - Robin Williams
- Sex is one of the most wholesome, beautiful and natural experiences money can buy. - Steve Martin
- The bonds of matrimony are a good investment, only when the interest is kept up.
- The most happy marriage I can picture would be the union of a deaf man to a blind woman. - Coleridge
- Then there was a man who said, "I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; by then it was too late."
- There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz SL500. - Frank Sinatra
- There's a new medical crisis. Doctors are reporting that many men are having allergic reactions to latex condoms. They say they cause severe swelling. So what's the problem? - Dustin Hoffman
- There's very little advice in men's magazines, because men think, 'I know what I'm doing. Just show me somebody naked! - Jerry Seinfeld
- Too many couples marry for better or for worse, but not for good.
- Trouble in marriage often starts when a man gets so busy earnin' his salt, that he forgets his sugar.
- When a man marries a woman, they become one; but the trouble starts when they try to decide which one.
- When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be sure of one thing: either the car is new or the wife is.
- When a woman steals your husband, there is no better revenge than to let her keep him.
- Whether a man winds up with a nest egg, or a goose egg, depends a lot on the kind of chick he marries.
- Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it.
- Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake a whole relationship. - Sharon Stone
- You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman. Stuff you pay good money for later in life. - Bob Hope
Vergil (70-19 B.C.)
- They can conquer who believe they can.
- You can sheer a sheep many times, but you can only skin him once.
- You have succeeded in life when all you really WANT is only what you really NEED.
- Focus on what leader you want and it will manifest it self. Focusing on what you don't want is toxic.
Vince Lombardi - US football coach (1913 - 1970)
- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
- A healthy mind observes and questions itself. This is the path to inner peace and happiness. Don't believe everything you think.
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge,
but rather a lack of will.
- I wish I was as cocksure of anything as Tom Macaulay is of everything.
- Give me four years to teach the children and the seeds I have sown will never be uprooted.
(We have allowed Commie Subversives to take our children and convert them into our enemy.)
- Anything too stupid to be said is sung.
- All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God.
- All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets.
- All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women.
- An ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.
- Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung.
- A witty saying proves nothing.
- Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law.
- Chance is a word void of sense; nothing can exist without a cause.
- Common sense is not so common.
- In general the art of government consists of taking as much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other. (1764)
- The happiest of all lives is a busy solitude.
- Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
- To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.
Voltairine de Cleyre
- So long as the people care to not exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious, and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men.
- I never drink water, fish fornicate in it.
Wally "Famous" Amos
- Success comes in a can...I can!
- It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
Walt Whitman (1819-1892)
- Charity and personal force are the only investments worth anything.
- The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
Warren Buffet - The Oracle of Omaha, Investor and Philanthropist.
- I want to give my kids just enough so that they would feel that they could do anything, but not so much that they would feel like doing nothing.
- In elementary school, in case of fire you have to line up quietly in a single
file line from smallest to tallest. What is the logic? Do tall people burn slower?
- To stop a bad guy with a gun, it takes a good guy with a gun.
- I never drink water. Fish do terrible things it.
Whitney Young, Jr.
- It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity
and not be prepared.
William Arthur Ward
- The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
- It's impossible to comfort men's hearts with the love of God when their feet are perishing with cold.
William James (1842-1910)
- Do at least two things every day that you don't want to do, for the very reason that you don't want to do them.
- The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
- The greatest discovery of my generation is finding that human beings can alter their lives by altering
their attitudes of mind.
William Jennings Bryan
- Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.
- Those who will not be governed by God, will be ruled by tyrants.
William Shakespeare (1564-1616)
- To climb steep hills requires slow pace at first.
- What win I, if I gain the thing I seek? A dream, a breath, a froth of fleeting joy.
Who buys a minute's mirth to wail a week? Or sells eternity to get a toy?
For one sweet grape who will the vine destroy? Or what fond beggar, but to touch the crown,
Would with the sceptre straight be strucken down? (The Rape of Lucrece)
William E. Simon
- Infinitely more important than sharing one's material wealth is sharing the wealth of ourselves --
our time and energy, our passion and commitment, and, above all, our love.
William Arthur Ward
- Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
Wing Chun Master
- Question: Why do we practice to fight, and yet seek peace in all we do?
Answer: It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war.
Winnie the Poo
- If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.
Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
- A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: long enough to cover the subject and short enough to create interest.
- A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
- An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.
- A nation that forgets its past has no future.
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
- Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
- Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
- Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision.
- However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.
- I'd rather argue against a hundred idiots, than have one agree with me.
- If Britain must choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea.
- If you're not a Liberal at twenty, you have no heart. If you're not a Conservative at forty, you have no brain.
- In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet.
- Islam is more dangerous in a man than rabies in a dog.
- Life can either be accepted or changed. If it is not accepted, it must be changed. If it cannot be changed, then it must be accepted.
- Life is fraught with opportunities to keep your mouth shut.
- Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
- One man with conviction will overwhelm a hundred who have only opinions.
- Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
- The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
- The empires of the future are the empires of the mind.
- The main vice of capitalism is the uneven distribution of prosperity. The main vice of socialism is the even distribution of misery.
- The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; the optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
- The Positive Thinker sees the Invisible, feels the Intangible, and achieves the Impossible.
- There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
- We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
- We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
- You don't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer.
- You have enemies? Good! That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.
Wise Sayings from the Orient
- By much falling the child learns to walk.
- Culture in a man is better than gold.
- For much wood a little fire suffices.
- For the blind in mind there is no physician.
- He who is drowned is not troubled by the rain.
- Love takes no advice.
- Speak in the night where there is no owl.
- The tribute to learning is teaching.
Witter Cheng - Decomposed, Elko, Nevada
- Never forget why you started skateboarding in the first place.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame, I simply follow my own feelings.
The unforgettable and life-affirming story of August Pullman - a boy who's desperate to blend in, but is destined to stand out.
- Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.
- I think there should be a rule that everyone in the world should get a standing ovation at least once in their lives.
- It’s not enough to be friendly. You have to be a friend.
- It's what you've done with your time, how you've chosen to spend your days, and whom you've touched this year. That, to me, is the greatest measure of success.
- Kinder than is necessary. Because it's not enough to be kind. One should be kinder than needed.
- Sometimes I think my head is so big because it is so full of dreams.
- The best way to measure how much you've grown isn't by inches or the number of laps you can now run around the track, or even your grade point average-- though those things are important, to be sure. It's what you've done with your time, how you've chosen to spend your days, and whom you've touched this year. That, to me, is the greatest measure of success.
- We carry with us, as human beings, not just the capacity to be kind, but the very choice of kindness.
- When given the choice between being right or being kind choose kind.
Woodrow Wilson (1856-1924)
- The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it.
- You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand.
- I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
- Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- You are 100 percent responsible for 50 percent of any relationship.
- He that can't endure the bad will not live to see the good.
- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- The demoralization process in the United States is basically completed already for the last 25 years.
Actually, it's over fulfilled because demoralization now reaches such areas where not even Comrade Andropov and all his experts would even dream of such tremendous success.
Most of it is done by Americans to Americans thanks to lack of moral standards.
- Zig Ziglar - A bad attitude is like a flat tire: you can't go anywhere until you change it.
- Zig Ziglar - A big shot is nothing more than a little shot who kept on shooting.
- Zig Ziglar - A determined mind and a strong will rear endless possibilities.
- Zig Ziglar - A goal properly set is halfway reached.
- Zig Ziglar - A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realize how blessed you are for what you have.
- Zig Ziglar - A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realize how blessed you really are with what you have.
- Zig Ziglar - A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compasison can heal.
- Zig Ziglar - A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else though they could.
- Zig Ziglar - A lot of people quit looking for work as soon as they find a job.
- Zig Ziglar - A negative thinker sees a difficulty in every opportunity. A positive thinker sees an opportunity in every difficulty.
- Zig Ziglar - Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.
- Zig Ziglar - All bad habits start slowly and gradually, and before you know you have the habit, the habit has you.
- Zig Ziglar - Always do the right thing, Always be exciting, Always be encouraging, and always be learning something new.
- Zig Ziglar - Among the things you can give and still keep are your word, a smile, and a grateful heart.
- Zig Ziglar - Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you learn to do it well.
- Zig Ziglar - Avoid negative people, for they are the greatest destroyers of self confidence and self esteem. Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you.
- Zig Ziglar - Be a reflection of what you'd like to see in others.
- Zig Ziglar - Be an encourager. The world has plenty of critics already.
- Zig Ziglar - Be careful not to compromise what you want most for what you want now.
- Zig Ziglar - Be helpful. When you see a person without a smile, give them yours.
- Zig Ziglar - Be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant.
- Zig Ziglar - Be there for your kids. Later, when you need them, they'll be there for you.
- Zig Ziglar - Be with those who bring out the best in you, not the stress in you.
- Zig Ziglar - Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try.
- Zig Ziglar - Before you change your thinking, yuou have to change what goes into your mind.
- Zig Ziglar - Believe good things will happen and they will.
- Zig Ziglar - Better to face danger once than to be always in fear.
- Zig Ziglar - By altering our attitudes we can alter our lives.
- Zig Ziglar - Change starts with you, but it doesn't start until you do.
- Zig Ziglar - Create your own future.
- Zig Ziglar - Desire is the ingredient that changes the hot water of mediocrity to the steam of outstanding success.
- Zig Ziglar - Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come.
- Zig Ziglar - Do it, and then you will feel motivated to do it.
- Zig Ziglar - Do it now. Sometimes later becomes never.
- Zig Ziglar - Doing your best is more important than being the best.
- Zig Ziglar - Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life.
- Zig Ziglar - Don't be afraid of failing, be afraid of remaining the same.
- Zig Ziglar - Don't be afraid to start over. It's your chance to build something great!
- Zig Ziglar - Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember, the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.
- Zig Ziglar - Don't count the things you do, do the things that count.
- Zig Ziglar - Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
- Zig Ziglar - Don't judge me by my past. I don't live there anymore.
- Zig Ziglar - Don't let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out.
- Zig Ziglar - Dont let someone who has given up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours. Dream big and start now.
- Zig Ziglar - Don't let the mistakes and disappointments of the past control and direct your future.
- Zig Ziglar - Don't listen to people who tell you what to do. Listen to people who encourage you to do what you know in your heart is right.
- Zig Ziglar - Don't wait. The time will never be just right.
- Zig Ziglar - Don't wish it were easier. Wish you were better.
- Zig Ziglar - Duty makes us do things well, but love makes us do them beautifully.
- Zig Ziglar - Evaluate the people in your life, then promote, demote or terminate. You're the CEO of your life.
- Zig Ziglar - Every choice you make has an end result.
- Zig Ziglar - Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.
- Zig Ziglar - Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.
- Zig Ziglar - Every single thing that has happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.
- Zig Ziglar - Everything happens for a reason, live it, love it, learn from it! Make your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile.
- Zig Ziglar - Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.
- Zig Ziglar - Far too many people have no idea of what they can do because all they have been told is what they can't do.
- Zig Ziglar - F-E-A-R has two meanings. Forget Everything And Run, or Face Everything And Rise.
- Zig Ziglar - Follow the path that your heart longs to take. It's time ... It's time ... It's time.
- Zig Ziglar - Forget all the reasons why it won't work and believe the one reason why it will.
- Zig Ziglar - Forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it.
- Zig Ziglar - Get around the right people. Associate with positive, goal-oriented people who encourage and inspire you.
- Zig Ziglar - Getting knocked down in life is a given ... getting up and moving forward is a choice.
- Zig Ziglar - Giving up on your goal because of one setback is like slashing your other three tires because you got a flat.
- Zig Ziglar - Go as far as you can see; When you get there, you'll see further.
- Zig Ziglar - Goals are dreams we convert to plans and take action to fulfill.
- Zig Ziglar - Good things come to those who believe, better things come to those who are patient, and the best things come to those who don't give up.
- Zig Ziglar - Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.
- Zig Ziglar - Happiness isn't about getting what you want all the time. It's about loving what you have and being grateful for it.
- Zig Ziglar - He climbs highest who helps another up.
- Zig Ziglar - Higher level math: You + God = Enough
- Zig Ziglar - Honesty and integrity are by far the most important assets of an entrepreneur.
- Zig Ziglar - Hope is the power that gives a person the confidence to step out and try.
- Zig Ziglar - How you see your future is much more important than what has happened in the past.
- Zig Ziglar - I believe in the person I want to become.
- Zig Ziglar - I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can't truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.
- Zig Ziglar - I believe success is achieved by ordinary people with extraordinary determination.
- Zig Ziglar - I choose: To live by choice, not by chance. To be motivated, not manipulated. To be useful, not used. To make changes, not excuses. To excel, not compete. I choose self-esteem, not self pity. I choose my inner voice, not the random opinions of others.
- Zig Ziglar - I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at me and say "Because of you I didn't give up."
- Zig Ziglar - I can. I will. End of story.
- Zig Ziglar - I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust the sails.
- Zig Ziglar - I won't become a wandering generality. I choose to be a meaningful specific!
- Zig Ziglar - If God would have wanted us to life in a permissive society, He would have given us Ten Suggestions and not Tem Commandments.
- Zig Ziglar - If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you.
- Zig Ziglar - If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.
- Zig Ziglar - If standard of living is your #1 objective, then quality of life almost never improves. But, if quality of life is your #1 objective, then standard of living invariably improves.
- Zig Ziglar - If we all did the things we are capable of doing we would literally astond ourselves.
- Zig Ziglar - If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.
- Zig Ziglar - If you are always racing to the next moment, what happens to the one you're in?
- Zig Ziglar - If you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it.
- Zig Ziglar - If you can dream it, you can achieve it.
- Zig Ziglar - If you don't sacrifice for what you want, what you want becomes the sacrifice.
- Zig Ziglar - If you go looking for a friend, you're going to find they're very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere.
- Zig Ziglar - If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost.
- Zig Ziglar - If you think you are having a bad day, just try missing one.
- Zig Ziglar - If you wait until all the lights are "green" before you leave home, you'll never get started on your trip to the top.
- Zig Ziglar - If you want more kindness in the world, put it there.
- Zig Ziglar - If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it.
- Zig Ziglar - If you will pump long enough, hard enough, and enthusiastically enough, sooner or later the effort will bring forth the reward.
- Zig Ziglar - If you're going to ask God to guide your footsteps, you have to be willing to move your feet.
- Zig Ziglar - If you're not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you're determined to learn, no one can stop you.
- Zig Ziglar - If you're sincere, praise is effective. If you're insincere, it's manipulative.
- Zig Ziglar - I'm not gonna give up, shut up, or let up, until I'm taken up. I'm just getting warmed up!
- Zig Ziglar - I'm not waiting for success to show up, I'm going to go get it.
- Zig Ziglar - I'm so optimisitc, I'd go after Moby Dick in a row boat, and bring the tartar sauce with me.
- Zig Ziglar - Integrity means doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Zig Ziglar - Isn't it amazing at how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?
- Zig Ziglar - It is a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.
- Zig Ziglar - It is not happy people who are thankful, it's thankful people who are happy.
- Zig Ziglar - It is true that integrity alone won't make you a leader, but without integrity, you will never be one.
- Zig Ziglar - It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into actions, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.
- Zig Ziglar - It takes one step to start.
- Zig Ziglar - It's easier to explain price once than to apologize for quality forever.
- Zig Ziglar - It's not how far you fall, it's how high you bounce that counts.
- Zig Ziglar - It's not what happens to you that determines how far you will go in life: It is how you handle what hapens to you.
- Zig Ziglar - It's not what you've got, It's what you use that makes a difference.
- Zig Ziglar - Keep your head up. God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers.
- Zig Ziglar - Kids go where there's excitement. They stay where there is love.
- Zig Ziglar - Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions louder than your words.
- Zig Ziglar - Life is about balance. Be kind, but don't let people abuse you. Trust, but don't be deceived. Be content, but never stop improving yourself.
- Zig Ziglar - Life is an echo. What you send out, comes back. What you sow, you reap. What you give, you get. What you see in others, exists in you.
- Zig Ziglar - Life is only as good as your mindset.
- Zig Ziglar - Life is short, life it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.
- Zig Ziglar - Logic will not change an emotion, but action will.
- Zig Ziglar - Look at the bright side - no matter how old you are, you are younger than you'll ever be again.
- Zig Ziglar - Look back in forgiveness, forward in hope, down in compassion and up with gratitude.
- Zig Ziglar - Make failure your teacher, not your undertaker.
- Zig Ziglar - Make motivation a habit and you will get there more quickly and have more fun on the trip.
- Zig Ziglar - Make today worth remembering.
- Zig Ziglar - Make your passion your paycheck.
- Zig Ziglar - Making a big life change is pretty scary. But, know what's even scarier" Regret.
- Zig Ziglar - Many marriages would be better if the husband and the wife clearly understood that they are on the same side.
- Zig Ziglar - Many people spend more time in planning the wedding than they do planning the marriage.
- Zig Ziglar - Minding your business eliminates half the problems in your life.
- Zig Ziglar - Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale.
- Zig Ziglar - Money won't make you happy ... but everybody wants to find out for themselves.
- Zig Ziglar - Most of the problems in life are because of two reasons: we act without thinking or we keep thinking without acting.
- Zig Ziglar - Most of us would be upset If we were accussed of being 'silly', It comes from the old English word 'seilig' and it's literal definition is 'to be blessed, happy, healthy and prosperous.'
- Zig Ziglar - Most people who fail in their dream fail not from lack of ability, but from lack of commitment.
- Zig Ziglar - Motivation gets you going and habit gets you there.
- Zig Ziglar - Motivation is the fuel, necessary to keep the human engine running.
- Zig Ziglar - Mountain climbers don't carry bricks.
- Zig Ziglar - My future is in my hands.
- Zig Ziglar - Negative people don't want solutions. Solutions mean they have to work to find something else to be negative about!
- Zig Ziglar - Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams and and take risks. Life is happening now.
- Zig Ziglar - Never apologize for having high standards. People who really want to be in your life will rise up to meet them.
- Zig Ziglar - Never blame anyone in your life. Good people give you happiness. Bad people give you experience. Worst people give you a lesson. And Best people give you memories.
- Zig Ziglar - Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
- Zig Ziglar - Never underestimate the importance of having a person in your life that can always make you smile.
- Zig Ziglar - No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each morning and be thankful you still have one.
- Zig Ziglar - No matter how you feel, Get Up, Dress Up, Show Up, and Never Give Up.
- Zig Ziglar - No person ever ended his eyesight by looking on the bright side.
- Zig Ziglar - Obstacles are put in your way to see if what you want is really worth fighting for.
- Zig Ziglar - Obstacles are the things we see when we take our eyes off our goals.
- Zig Ziglar - Obviously, there is little you can learn from doing nothing.
- Zig Ziglar - Old ways won't open new doors.
- Zig Ziglar - Others can stop you temporarily, you are the only one who can do it permanently.
- Zig Ziglar - Outstanding people have one thing in common: An Absolute Sense Of Mission.
- Zig Ziglar - People don't always need advice. Sometimes all they really need is a hand to hold, an ear to listen, and a heart to undertand them.
- Zig Ziglar - People don't buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.
- Zig Ziglar - People often complain about lack of time when the lack of direction is the real problem.
- Zig Ziglar - People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - That's why we recommend it daily.
- Zig Ziglar - People who have good relationships at home are more effective in the marketplace.
- Zig Ziglar - People will come and go in life, but the person in the mirror will be there forever: So be good to yourself.
- Zig Ziglar - Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.
- Zig Ziglar - Put all excuses aside and remember this: YOU are capable.
- Zig Ziglar - Rather than shrinking from your problems, grow bigger than them.
- Zig Ziglar - Regardless of your lot in life, you can build something beautiful on it.
- Zig Ziglar - Remember that failure is an event. Not a person.
- Zig Ziglar - Relationships must be mutually beneficial or they are not long lasting.
- Zig Ziglar - Remember, you can earn more money, but when time is spent, it's gone forever.
- Zig Ziglar - Repetition is the mother of learning, the father of action, which makes it the architect of accomplishment.
- Zig Ziglar - Rich people have small TV's and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TV's.
- Zig Ziglar - Selling is essentially a transfer of feelings.
- Zig Ziglar - Some people find fault like there is a reward for it.
- Zig Ziglar - Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.
- Zig Ziglar - Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.
- Zig Ziglar - Sometimes you just have to change your direction.
- Zig Ziglar - Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everyone else.
- Zig Ziglar - Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.
- Zig Ziglar - Spend time with those you love. One of these days you will say either, "I wish I had" or "I'm glad I did."
- Zig Ziglar - Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
- Zig Ziglar - Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive aobut what could go right.
- Zig Ziglar - Strength. A river cuts through a rock not because of it's power, but it's persistence.
- Zig Ziglar - Strength doesn't come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't.
- Zig Ziglar - Stop trying to fit in, when you were born to stand out.
- Zig Ziglar - Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all, surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, even when you dont see it yourself.
- Zig Ziglar - SUCCESS:
- Zig Ziglar - SUCCESS IN SALES:
A - Always greet your customers
T - Treat your customers with respect
T - Talk and chat to your customers
I - Interact with customers in a relaxed way
T - Turn up to work with a positive attitude
U - Understand your customers needs
D - Discover the impact you have around customers
E - Excite your customers about your products
- Zig Ziglar - Success is dependent upon the glands - sweat glands.
- Zig Ziglar - Success is not a destination, it's a journey.
- Zig Ziglar - Success is not measured by what you do compared to what others do. It is measured by what you do with the ability God gave you.
- Zig Ziglar - Success in not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become.
- Zig Ziglar - Success is the maximum utilization of the ability that you have.
- Zig Ziglar - Success must never be meaured by how much money you have.
- Zig Ziglar - Success occurs then opportunity meets preparation.
- Zig Ziglar - The choice to have a great attitude is something that nobody or no circumstance can take away from you.
- Zig Ziglar - The difference between who you are and what you want to be is what you do.
- Zig Ziglar - The elevator to success is out of service, but the stairs are always open.
- Zig Ziglar - Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Tallk about your joys.
- Zig Ziglar - Ten Commandments of Friendship:
Speak to people with a cheerful greeting.
Smile at people.
Call people by their name.
Be friendly and helpful.
Be cordial in your words and actions.
Be genuinely interested in people.
Be generous with your praise.
Be considerate of the feelings of others.
Be thoughtful of the opinions of others.
Be alert to give service to others.
- Zig Ziglar - The 3 C's of Life: Choices, Chances, Changes. You must make a Choice to take a Chance or your life will never Change.
- Zig Ziglar - The best things in life are earned by making "Daily Deposits" into the "Effort Account" needed to achieve it.
- Zig Ziglar - The best way to predict your future is to create it.
- Zig Ziglar - The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. lWe listen to reply.
- Zig Ziglar - The body achieves what the mind believes.
- Zig Ziglar - The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want the most for what you want now.
- Zig Ziglar - The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment.
- Zig Ziglar - The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
- Zig Ziglar - The door to a balanced success opens wide on the hinges of hope and encouragement.
- Zig Ziglar - The great majority of people are wandering generalitities rather than meaningful specifics. The fact is that you can't hit a target that you can't see. If you don't know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else. You have to have goals.
- Zig Ziglar - The greatest of all mistakes is to do nothing because you think you can only do a little.
- Zig Ziglar - The greatest single cause of a poor self image is the absence of unconditional love.
- Zig Ziglar - The foundation stones for a balanced success are: honesty, character, integrity, faith, love, and loyalty.
- Zig Ziglar - The greatest source of happiness is the ability to be grateful at all times.
- Zig Ziglar - The happiest of people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.
- Zig Ziglar - The key to success is for you to make a habit throughout your life of doing the things you fear.
- Zig Ziglar - The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become.
- Zig Ziglar - The moment you're ready to quit is usually the moment right before the miracle happens. Don't give up.
- Zig Ziglar - The more you complain about your problems, the more problems you will have to complain about.
- Zig Ziglar - The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more things you'll have to express gratitude for.
- Zig Ziglar - The most important persuasion tool you have in your entire arsenal is integrity.
- Zig Ziglar - The most practical, beautiful, workable philosophy in the world won't work if you won't.
- Zig Ziglar - The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude.
- Zig Ziglar - The only thing worse than training employees and losing them is not training your employees and keeping them.
- Zig Ziglar - The past is your lesson. The present is your gift. The future is your motivation.
- Zig Ziglar - The past should be the past. It can destroy the future. Live life for what tomorrow has to offer. Not for what yesterday has taken away.
- Zig Ziglar - The price of success is much lower than the price of failure.
- Zig Ziglar - The quality of our lives is nothing but the quality of our emotions.
- Zig Ziglar - The real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job.
- Zig Ziglar - The right attitude very rarely leads to the wrong action.
- Zig Ziglar - The strongest factor for success is self-esteem: believing you can do it, believing you will do it, and believing yuou deserve it.
- Zig Ziglar - The tallest oak in the forest was once just a little nut that held its ground.
- Zig Ziglar - The world's most deadly disease is "Hardening Of The Attitudes."
- Zig Ziglar - There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.
- Zig Ziglar - There are seldom, if ever, any hopeless situations, but there are many people who lose hope in the face of some situations.
- Zig Ziglar - There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.
- Zig Ziglar - There is little you can learn from doing nothing.
- Zig Ziglar - There is no one giant step that does it. It's a lot of little steps.
- Zig Ziglar - There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
- Zig Ziglar - There is no such thing as a lazy person; he is either sick or uninspired.
- Zig Ziglar - There will always be people in life who treat you wrong. Be sure you thank them for making you strong!
- Zig Ziglar - There will never, ever be another person like you or another day like this one. Make sure to appreciate the good in both.
- Zig Ziglar - There's often no way you can look into the game of life and determine whether or not you'll get that big break tomorrow or whether it will take another week, month, year or even longer, But it will come.
- Zig Ziglar - This morning ... Did you wake up to an alarm clock, or an "Opportunity Clock?"
- Zig Ziglar - Timid salespeople have skinny kids. It's the end of the month, close strong.
- Zig Ziglar - To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
- Zig Ziglar - To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.
- Zig Ziglar - To Do List: Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
- Zig Ziglar - Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
- Zig Ziglar - Train your mind to see the good in every situation.
- Zig Ziglar - Treat your wife like a thoroughbred and you'll never end up with a nag.
- Zig Ziglar - True joy comes when you inspire, encourage and guide someone else on a path that benefits him or her.
- Zig Ziglar - Try to look at your weakness and convert it into your strength. That's success.
- Zig Ziglar - Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything.
- Zig Ziglar - Two things to remember in Life: Take care of your thoughts when you're alone, and Take care of your words when you're with people.
- Zig Ziglar - Until you are happy with who your are, you will never be happy because of what you have.
- Zig Ziglar - Vision without action is a daydream.
- Zig Ziglar - We all need a daily check up from the neck up BR>
- Zig Ziglar - We miss 100 percent of the sales we don't ask for.
- Zig Ziglar - Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.
- Zig Ziglar - What comes easy won't last. What lasts won't come easy.
- Zig Ziglar - What comes out of your mouth is determined by what goes into your mind.
- Zig Ziglar - What money can buy: A bed but not sleep. Computer but not brain. Food but not appetite. Finery but not beauty. A house but not a home. Medicine but not health. Luxuries but not culture. Amusements but not happiness. Acquaintance but not friends. Obedience but not faithfulness. Sex but not love.
- Zig Ziglar - What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.
- Zig Ziglar - What you do off the job is a determining factor of how far you will go on the job.
- Zig Ziglar - What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.
- Zig Ziglar - What you feed your mind determines your appetitie.
- Zig Ziglar - What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
- Zig Ziglar - When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal, you do not change your decision to get there.
- Zig Ziglar - When the world says, "Give Up", Hope whispers "Try it one more time".
- Zig Ziglar - When you are tough on yourself, life is going to be infinitely easier on you.
- Zig Ziglar - When you catch a glimpse of your potential, that's when passion is born.
- Zig Ziglar - When you do more than you're paid for, eventually you'll be paid for more than you do.
- Zig Ziglar - When you do the right things in the right way, you have nothing to lose because you have nothing to fear.
- Zig Ziglar - When you do the things you need to do when you need to do them, the day will come when you can do the things you want to do when you want to do them.
- Zig Ziglar - When you focus on problems, you will have more problems. When you focus on possibilities, you'll have more opportunities.
- Zig Ziglar - When you know the author of the Book, the Book will have meaning to you.
- Zig Ziglar - When you put faith, hope and love together, you can raise positive kids in a negative world.
- Zig Ziglar - When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you.
- Zig Ziglar - Where you start is not as important as where you finish.
- Zig Ziglar - When you throw dirt at people, you're not doing a thing but losing ground.
- Zig Ziglar - When you want something you've never had, you have to do womething you've never done.
- Zig Ziglar - When your legs can't run anymore, run with your heart.
- Zig Ziglar - Whether you respond to life or react to life determines how far you're gonna go in life.
- Zig Ziglar - Will you look back on life and say I wish I had or I am glad I did?
- Zig Ziglar - Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!
- Zig Ziglar - Winning isn't everything, but the effort to win is.
- Zig Ziglar - With definite goals you release your own power, and things start happening.
- Zig Ziglar - Work hard in silence, let success make the noise!
- Zig Ziglar - Worry is interest paid before it's due.
- Zig Ziglar - Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace.
- Zig Ziglar - Worrying is literally betting against yourself.
- Zig Ziglar - Yesterday ended last night. Today is a brand-new day.
- Zig Ziglar - You already have every characteristic necessary for success if you recognize, claim, develop and use them.
- Zig Ziglar - You are free to choose but the choices you make today will determine what you will have been and do in the tomorrow of your life.
- Zig Ziglar - You are the most influential person you will talk to all day.
- Zig Ziglar - You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.
- Zig Ziglar - You are who you are and what you are because of what has gone into your mind. You can change who you are and what you are by changing what goes into your mind.
- Zig Ziglar - You can disagree without being disagreeable.
- Zig Ziglar - You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help enough other people get what they want.
- Zig Ziglar - You can have everything you want in life, if you just help enough other people get what they want.
- Zig Ziglar - You can finish school, and even make it easy but you never finish your education, and it is seldom easy.
- Zig Ziglar - You can make positive deposits in your own economy every day by reading and listening to powerful, positive, life-changing content and by associating with encouraging and hope-building people.
- Zig Ziglar - You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
- Zig Ziglar - You can start where you are with what you've got and go to wherever it is you want to go.
- Zig Ziglar - You can't always wait for the perfect time. Sometimes, you have to dare to do it because life is too short to wonder what could have been.
- Zig Ziglar - You can't have a million dollar dream with a minimum wage work ethic.
- Zig Ziglar - You can't live a positive life with a negative mind.
- Zig Ziglar - You cannot become what you need to be by remaining what you are.
- Zig Ziglar - You cannot consistently perform in a manner which is inconsistent with the way you see yourself.
- Zig Ziglar - You cannot tailor make your situation in life, but you can tailor make your attitudes to fit those situations.
- Zig Ziglar - You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
- Zig Ziglar - You don't have to have it all figured out to move forward.
- Zig Ziglar - You don't pay the price for success. You pay the price for failure. You enjoy the benefits of success.
- Zig Ziglar - You have made some mistakes, and you may not be where you want to be, but that has nothing to do with your future.
- Zig Ziglar - You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.
- Zig Ziglar - You must manage yourself before you can lead someone else.
- Zig Ziglar - You must first put something into your life before you can get something out of it.
- Zig Ziglar - You need a plan to build a house. To build a life, it is even more important to have a plan or goal.
- Zig Ziglar - You never know when a moment and a few sincere words can have an impact on a life.
- Zig Ziglar - You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win!
- Zig Ziglar - You were designed for accomplishment, engineered for success, and endowed with the seeds of greatness.
- Zig Ziglar - You will never find a truly happy self-centered person. They simply don't exist.
- Zig Ziglar - Your attitude, NOT your aptitude, determines your altitude.
- Zig Ziglar - Your business is never really good or bad "out there." Your business is either good or bad right between your own two ears.
- Zig Ziglar - Your dream doesn't have an expiration date. Take a deep breath, and try again.
- Zig Ziglar - Your faith is very important. I have done the math and you are going to be dead a whole lot longer than you will be alive.
- Zig Ziglar - Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow.
- Zig Ziglar - Your goals don't care how you feel.
- Zig Ziglar - Your life is a result of the choices you make. If you don't like your life, it's time to start making different choices.
- Zig Ziglar - Your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card, how you leave others feeling after having an experience with you becomes your trademark.
- Zig Ziglar - Your success and happiness start with you.
- Zig Ziglar - Your value does not decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth.
- Zig Ziglar - You've got to be before you can do, and you've got to do before you can have.
- Zig Ziglar - You've got to put something into life before you can expect to get anything out.
- Zig Ziglar - You've only got three choices in life: give up, give in, or give it all you've got.
Famous Quotations - Graphic Formats (GIF, JPG)
Advice & Criticism
Books & Poems
Children & GrandChildren
Family, Friends & Relationships
Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons.
Finance & Success
Health & Exercise
Inspiration & Motivation
Knowledge, Learning, Wisdom & Evolution
Peace, Happiness & Love
Responsibility & Discipline
Responsibility-Story-Analogy-CupOfCoffeeSpilled-960x960.gif - Text
Responsibility-Story-Analogy-CupOfCoffeeSpilled-960x960.jpg - Text
Speech-TheodoreRoosevelt-1910-ParisFrance-CitizenshipInARepublic.pdf (PDF Document)
Acronym-POLITICS.txt (Text Document)
Acronyms-Fail-End-BePositive.txt (Text Document)
Advice-SimpleFormulaForLiving.txt (Text Document)
Aging - Poem - Remembering The Past (Text Document)
AnthonyRobbins-WordsOfWisdon.txt (Text Document)
CatsHappinessIsInHisTail.txt (Text Document)
CatsHappinessIsInHisTail-2.txt (Text Document)
ClipArt-Christmas-TheGreatestGiftOfAll.txt (Text Document)
Communication-TripleFilterTestOfSocrates.txt (Text Document)
Confused-MisUnderstanding-Quote-.txt (Text Document)
DecisionMaking-ThomasSowell.txt (Text Document)
Drugs-ADifferentDrugProblem.txt (Text Document)
DustIfYouMust-Poem.txt (Text Document)
Economics-ThomasSowell-Quotes.txt (Text Document)
Education-DumbingDownOurKids-AdviceFromCharlesSykes.txt (Text Document)
Finance-Cicero-Quote-55BC-Finance.txt (Text Document)
Friendship-Quotes.txt (Text Document)
FrustrationIsAFunctionOfTime.txt (Text Document)
GeorgeWashington-FarewellAddress.txt (Text Document)
GratitudeDefinition-.txt (Text Document)
Harvest-PlantTheAttitude.txt (Text Document)
Humor-AllYouNeedIsSkateboarding.txt (Text Document)
Life-AvailableForALimitedTime.txt (Text Document)
Life-AvailableForALimitedTime-2.txt (Text Document)
Life-ThreeMirrors.txt (Text Document)
Luck-Definition.txt (Text Document)
MarkTwain-Quotations.txt (Text Document)
OffendingOthers.txt (Text Document)
PerceptionOfWhoWeAre-ChineseProverb.txt (Text Document)
PersonalQualitiesNotMeassuredByTests.txt (Text Document)
Play-Acronyms.txt (Text Document)
Poem-DogsFinalWords.txt (Text Document)
Poem-YourselfToBlame-MaymeWhiteMiller.txt (Text Document)
Quote-JayLeno-God-PledgeOfAllegiance.txt (Text Document)
Quote-Obama-AgainstPresidentialPower.txt (Text Document)
Quote-ThomasEdison-PeopleWouldRatherDieThanThink-10PercentBrainPower.txt (Text Document)
Quotes-2010-08.txt (Text Document)
Quotes-FamousPeople-Oct2015.txt (Text Document)
Quotes-July2012.txt (Text Document)
Quotes-July2015-DonAndre.txt (Text Document)
Quotes-MaeWest-AndOthers.txt (Text Document)
Quotes-Motivation-Thoughts-Love-Decision-Committment-Results.txt (Text Document)
Quotes-RodneyDangerfield.txt (Text Document)
Religion-TheTenCommandments-Exodus20.txt (Text Document)
RossHowell-PoliticalQuotes-Bastiat-Mencken-Superman.txt (Text Document)
Russ-Definition-Politics.txt (Text Document)
Russ-WordOrigin-Luck.txt (Text Document)
Service-Defined.txt (Text Document)
Speech-AbrahamLincoln-GettysburgAddress-Nov19-1863.txt (Text Document)
Speech-TheodoreRoosevelt-1910-ParisFrance-CitizenshipInARepublic.txt (Text Document)
Speech-TheodoreRoosevelt-1910-ParisFrance-TheManInTheArena.txt (Text Document)
Story-ChasingTheSnake.txt (Text Document)
StumblingBlock-Mind-Knowledge-Heart-Love.txt (Text Document)
Stupid-Teenagers-Are-EcoFriendly.txt (Text Document)
Success-ThreeStepsToSuccess.txt (Text Document)
Text-Acronym-FUN.txt (Text Document)
Text-Quote-LanceArmstrong-WillieNelson.txt (Text Document)
Text-Quotes-ContemporaryPhilosophers.txt (Text Document)
Text-Quote-SocialSecurity-Vs-Welfare.txt (Text Document)
Text-WhatICanAndCantControl.txt (Text Document)
TheodoreRoosevelt-1910Speech-ParisFrance-TheManInTheArena.txt (Text Document)
ToleranceIsTheLastVirtueOfADyingNation.txt (Text Document)
Trivia-Definition.txt (Text Document)
WordDescription-Up.txt (Text Document)
YouAreResponsibleForDecisionsYouMake.txt (Text Document)
Acronym-Bored.docx (Word Document)
Quote-RussHowell-IDontSufferFromDizziness-IEnjoySpinning.doc (Word Document)
Speech-TheodoreRoosevelt-1910-ParisFrance-TheManInTheArena.doc (Word Document)
TheodoreRoosevelt-1910Speech-ParisFrance-TheManInTheArena.doc (Word Document)
© Share Everything!|